Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:56:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHotline Miami
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 29981 times)
Kepa
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »

Hit ESC, it's the PUZZLE option. You get puzzle pieces by finding them with the Rasmus mask equipped... you can check what levels you got the pieces in through the CHAPTERS menu. They're the little tiny purple squares. Sometimes a body can cover one up, too, I think I had to play the game a few times before I figured this out heh.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »

This is the best thing I've played all year, I finished it yesterday (although I don't think I got the secret ending), but I'm still playing through the levels to see the possible strategies.

I have noticed a few bugs, like I occasionally accidentally create a second player, which is really weird.  I assume always getting zero flexibility is also a bug?
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »

I had Hotline Miami dreams last night  WTF

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »

Big thanks for the positive comments! So glad people are enjoying the game. So very glad!

I have noticed a few bugs, like I occasionally accidentally create a second player, which is really weird.  I assume always getting zero flexibility is also a bug?
Can you tell me where and when it happened? Trying to isolate the bug but no one so far has mentioned location or situations where it popped up... Haven't seen it myself so I have no idea where to look.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm still at a loss for what flexibility is supposed to do.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

I'm fairly certain it always happened while finishing off a stunned enemy, although I can't recall anything more specific than that, sorry.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

is there any way to see the hospital puzzle piece, or is it just guessing?
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

Damn this game is hard!
But so satisfying... seeing everybody in the level dead, with blood all over the place feels really good... should I feel bad for that?  Concerned

I feel that it could work better with a controller, took me some time to get used to it.
Also not sure what flexibility means, tried to use different weapons in the same level and got nothing.  Huh?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:05 AM »

Got the true ending.

Damn, what a fantastic game. I really hope some kind of level editor pops up because dang.
Uykered
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:18 AM »

This looks looks pretty cool, looking forward to trying it one day.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »

A level editor would be so awesome.

edit:got this popup but it didnt seem to affect the game

Error in code at line 28:
   viewx=objPlayer.x+((display_mouse_get_x()-display_get_width()*0.5)*(view_wview[0]/display_get_width()))*factor

at position 106: Unknown variable factor

for object objPlayerBiker:

Error in code at line 28:
   viewx=objPlayer.x+((display_mouse_get_x()-display_get_width()*0.5)*(view_wview[0]/display_get_width()))*factor

at position 106: Unknown variable factor

Edit2: Just beat the game. Time to play again. I was too reliant on Earl.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:38:50 AM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

_Tommo_
Level 8

frn frn frn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:36 AM »

This game is canned awesome, brutally killing people just... feels.. good Evil

Some random critiques:
-AI could be better: with the machinegun you can just fire 1 shot and let everyone flee to you to be killed. Maybe they should take cover to add to the tension?
-Some guys are apparently "unsensitive" to sounds, too, while others will run from the opposite side of the level.
-It would be nice to have alerted enemies trying to shout for help if cornered/in cover, too, maybe?
But maybe those things would lead to lots of mexican standoffs and the game could become much slower.
-Smashing someone in the face with a baseball bat through a window should at least make some sound? It isn't very stealth in my book
-It's hard to pick stunned guys from dead guys
-If two stunned guys are one on top of the other, you can't finish the second one
-You can't minimize the game (which is pretty annoying since it requires short pauses to avoid melting your brain)

Still, it could be the best game I played this year Beer!

solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »

Mock Anger I need a PC for shit like this. Damn! 
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »

Any tips for getting the purple piece in chap 9? It's a little hard with allthe cops

edit: Also achievements seem to work for me now. It's just the progress i cant see. Some are questionable. I've definitely used human sheilds but dint get nigel lowrie
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:12:11 AM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

I think I've finished it outside secret stuff it may have. I only encountered minor bugs, a few crashes. Overall, it's a great little game.

I think the only other issue I had was certain bosses could do with being less trial and error style and tougher within the normal game play parameters. The game was too easy overall, though I did die quite a few times. But if it was too easy for me I imagine for others it's a cakewalk as I'm not that great of a gamer in such twitch games, I think I haven't finished any Mega Man except 2.

I hope they make an expansion. A sequel would be great, but I want more soon! Maybe launch an editor then do a sequel.

I loved the game as it is but a sequel will hopefully be a little more polished, with a little more involving AI, gameplay, options and what not. It would perhaps change the pace and style a bit too much (or maybe optionally do so, for example people taking a stealthier approach would make for a far slower game but you could still mix it up or go all out with skills suited to that style and still own) but hey, we'll have the first game's expansion/custom levels for the original feel, why shouldn't a sequel offer a similar yet very different experience? It could even be called something else, not HOTLINE MIAMI 2.

Suda51 should play this, I got a No More Heroes vibe from it. Great stuff. Maybe he'd play it if they sent him a nice boxed copy.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:57:19 AM by Al3xand3r » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »

I don't care for the "stealth" level much.

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »

I've seen other people mention the stealth level was bad and what not but I guess I don't even remember it. Which chapter was it in so I can try it again and remind myself of this bad spot among the goodness?

Edit: oh, I remember, it now. I guess that was meh for sure, but so forgettable once you get back in. And short.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:08:40 AM by Al3xand3r » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »

Any tips for getting the purple piece in chap 9? It's a little hard with allthe cops

Kill only the people on the path toward the piece, quickly grab it, and immediately head back towards the stairs. Let the cops deal with the rest of the goons. Don't take the outer wall route!
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »

if the mac version isn't out soon i may have to start murdering actual people

Crazy Hand Knife Right

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »

Game updated and now I'm getting an error: