Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:42:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHotline Miami
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 29987 times)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »

Try reinstalling and rebooting your computer...
Hope we didn't fix the game for some and broke it for others Facepalm
Dragonmaw
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »

He comes for you.

yeah okay the pic isn't related to hotline miami at all but it reminded me of it
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »

After reinstalling and restarting the computer it worked... but then I got this error after finishing chapter 4:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Room Start
for object objSurfacer:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.

Sad

Actually, I killed all the enemies, got a Stage Clear message and the error popped up when I went downstairs.

Ashkin
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2012, 02:26:51 AM »

Still haven't beat the game, but...
What the heck is the point of making a game where you're encouraged to pick your own style of play, whether it be stealthy melee or guns-a-blazin', and then add an enemy that can only be killed using guns? Seriously, I hate the huge black/pink guys. Completely ruins my flow :c

Other than that, this is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T <3
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »

Maybe because then you're forced to be more creative than use the same exact stealth tactic over and over.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »

There's also a few spots where you have to use guns to lure out enemies, as melee will just get you killed. Mostly in the later chapters though.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »

A+ all chapters! pro as FUCK

as an aside, it seems the game glitched out. my first playthrough it skipped Crackdown entirely (weird) and somehow I have a score of about 30k (B rating) on Prank Call despite there not actually being anything to score there.

HMMMMMMM
Ashkin
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

I got the ending with the janitors and the motorcycle guy, using the "IWASBORNINTHEUSA" password... Is this the true ending?
gnat
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »

You rock Cactus!

LAN Party List - The definitive LAN party list. Also Game Jams, etc.
GitHub
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »

Stuck on the first(only? i sure hope so) floor of the hospital level. I have no clue how to get past the last cop guarding the room i woke up in. I know about the page turn thing, too. This level is really harshing my mellow.

Ant
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »

Tanner, not sure which bit you're stuck on. When you wake up you go out the window, down, cross the hall, up, then in a room up-left to pick up a keycard, use that in the door opposite, up, right, down, then right into the elevator. And no there's another floor, enjoy!
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »

I got the ending with the janitors and the motorcycle guy, using the "IWASBORNINTHEUSA" password... Is this the true ending?

Yeah, achievement calls it the secret ending. I think the janitors are Cactus and Sir Wedin, but maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Stuck on the first(only? i sure hope so) floor of the hospital level. I have no clue how to get past the last cop guarding the room i woke up in. I know about the page turn thing, too. This level is really harshing my mellow.

Walk into a wall till the traumatic recovery curtsy animation thing so that you maximize your walk distance. Other than that, it's just timing your move right after the cop turns the page. There's a bottom floor you have to go through though I found that one easier.

Are you heading toward the keycard? Or are you not climbing out the window maybe? It's kind of an annoying level, but it isn't hard or anything.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »

My issue was that I didn't realize that I had to get to the elevator. After I unlocked the door with the keycard the arrow pointing to the window activated again so I kept trying to get back in there. Thanks for the help!

rhys_vdw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »

Hey Cactus.

Huge fan of your work. I bought Hotline Miami as soon as I saw your name. I'm loving it so far but have started to encounter this guy at program load:

for object objDevolver:

Error defining an external function.

I click abort and the game exits. If I start it again the same thing happens, but when I press abort the game runs with no music. I really don't want to play the game without music because it's so fucking good.

Is this a known problem?

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

I had that same issue initially. Uninstalling through Steam, then deleting the hotline_miami directory from the Steam's common folder, restarting my computer, and finally reinstalling got things to run smoothly. Hopefully it works out for you too.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »

Some guy hates Hotline Miami and calls it juvenile and awful.

What a bad article.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:15 AM »

Professional troll this is the authors other article:

"Minecraft is Unrealistic and Unethical"

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DevinWilson/20111210/90780/Minecraft_is_Unrealistic_and_Unethical.php

Gamasutra has been steadily going downhill the last few years. So many garbage articles.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:59 AM »

the minecraft one said "featured post" I assumed that was some sort of gamasutra endorsed blog post

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »

I spent 3 hours straight playing this thing yesterday..  Epileptic

Not sure if I'm getting good or if it's getting easier, anyway, the game just gets better and better Smiley

ink.inc
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »

I haven’t played Hotline Miami. I’m not going to buy Hotline Miami. I’m not going to pirate the game, either. I have no interest in playing the game because I don’t see what there is about Hotline Miami that isn’t pure adolescent nonsense.

yo fuck this guy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic