Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:16:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Tolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game  (Read 63829 times)
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »

nice ideas =D,

We one idea we have discussed is that you have been brainwashed and sent to the planet through a star gate to establish a human outpost. Different humans have different "programming" , like you feel that you want to do something, some just wants to build a base and do research (NPC's) and some ( the players ) wants to explore the planet and establish contact with the natives. You can establish a base as a player , and build facilities like research labs, factories etc (RTS kind of things). and when you do npc-humans comes through the stargate to man the new facilities. Just one idea.

jontunn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said here. This is a gorgeous looking game. Really beautiful world you are creating here!

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said here. This is a gorgeous looking game. Really beautiful world you are creating here!

I don't know what to say, but thanks =). Its really nice to get comments like that, makes me wanna work harder. Beer!

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2013, 06:42:16 AM »

Check out this new Tolroko build.

http://goo.gl/SfFgN

whats new you say? well test it to find out, I have forgotten Gentleman

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »

Finally got it to run with more than a black screen (disabled all the checkboxes).
Feels really promising and looks great (the bits that don't look like placeholders Tongue).

Not being able to close a container with the 'F' key I opened it with really bugs me. Angry

If you were still looking for someone to do some arts, I'd be willing to give something a go, though I don't really have any experience with higher-spec 3D assets. A few more placeholders, maybe. Tongue

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »

Finally got it to run with more than a black screen (disabled all the checkboxes).
Feels really promising and looks great (the bits that don't look like placeholders Tongue).

Not being able to close a container with the 'F' key I opened it with really bugs me. Angry

If you were still looking for someone to do some arts, I'd be willing to give something a go, though I don't really have any experience with higher-spec 3D assets. A few more placeholders, maybe. Tongue

Good idea , adding F key to close containers now =)

please throw me an email about the artsy stuff =)

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »

Hello =)

A lot of stuff has happened the last couple of weeks , the most important is that
Tolroko now has like 4 new 3D artists on-board. They are mainly 3d model artists and animators so we are still looking for talented concept artists. Interested? know anyone that might be up for it? contact me =D.

Tolroko now has a public Pivotal tracker project where u can keep track of the project progress. If you're interested in that kind of detail, check out https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/670961

And heres one of our first completed new models by Travis Muller, its a primitive mud house built by the Kakari race.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »

First draft of the player character by Christian Bars. I was getting really tired of
slender man Wink

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2013, 10:16:39 PM »

Added experimental big ass crystals in the desert, this will except for looking
really cool , guide the player to areas where there are a lot of Crystal resources.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2013, 02:07:40 AM »

Whats going on?

well been working on some new stuff:
* New better SSAO post effect
* Flyer ownership ( partialy implemented )
* Weapon ammo system
* Staying in the sun during day is unhealthy ( hide in the shadows )
* Ability to build respawn points in your base
* Client side heightmap cache system
* and alot more

(use cheat console command "givecredits" if you want to play around with more expensive stuff)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:53:14 AM by dvoid » Logged

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2013, 02:09:56 AM »

Wow! You game has come a long way since the first images you posted here.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2013, 02:30:07 AM »

Wow! You game has come a long way since the first images you posted here.

tnx =)

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2013, 02:48:02 AM »

My public links on dropbox has been suspended for exceeding 20gb/day limit, so no images here works atm. i moved the latest tolroko build to google drive instead. you can access it here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwYsvMu4jw8vekhCYkNLTmRONWs/edit?usp=sharing

hopefully the images will start working again in a day or so.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »

Hello! I downloaded and ran the latest development build, but once I hosted a server, I only got a black screen. Moving worked, but I couldn't shoot or unequip the gun. Using Windows 7 64-bit OS with a AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2013, 06:24:12 AM »

Hello! I downloaded and ran the latest development build, but once I hosted a server, I only got a black screen. Moving worked, but I couldn't shoot or unequip the gun. Using Windows 7 64-bit OS with a AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card.

yea that version does not work well on ATI cards, im sorry.
will try to upload a new build soon =)

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:47 AM »

Hello everybody!!

just uploaded a new Tolroko video on youtube =)

wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2013, 06:40:52 AM »

Wow, it's looking nice!  I only had time to watch a bit, but the only startling thing I saw was the pop-in on those towers at the beginning.  I'm sure you'll get LOD support in eventually, though, and fix that.

Keep up the good work!
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2013, 06:48:16 AM »

Just chiming in support for this awesomeness. It's really amazing to see the progress from post #1 to where you're at. Thank you for sharing!!

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2013, 07:07:12 AM »

Wow, it's looking nice!  I only had time to watch a bit, but the only startling thing I saw was the pop-in on those towers at the beginning.  I'm sure you'll get LOD support in eventually, though, and fix that.

Keep up the good work!

theres a lod system in there, but just ...two models that support it atm Wink
so alot of stuff is poping in when they are loaded, the load system uses a two stage system, i think kind of how skyrim does. theres a low quality and a high quality block, so the lowq block gets loaded very far away, and highq when u get closer. So some big stuff should maybe be in the lowq block instead so it gets loaded earlier. need to tweak that a bit =)

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »

New build:

this version is tested and working on ..at least one ATI gpu Wink

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwYsvMu4jw8vZm11TzY5TnRBSlE/edit?usp=sharing

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic