Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:55:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Author Topic: Tolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game  (Read 63616 times)
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:28 AM »

I'd ditch the screenshake tbh.  It makes the movement seem a lot less smooth, and definitely seems like it'd get in the way during combat encounters.

I, on the other hand, really like the screenshake. I do think it could be toned down and can certainly see how it could get in the way during combat but it feels like the player character has weight and is interacting with the world.

And a new video:

I don't remember if you've already covered this but are you creating the world by hand?

Some people like the headbobbing and some dont, I have added an option to disable it. but its only available through the console atm. type "headbob 0" to disable it in the ingame console.

Yes the world is mostly proceduraly generated, but i have some control over it. There is for example a world map that describes where there should be ocean, land, and type of biomes etc. but only
in a very low resolution. also the game always uses the same random seed for each game. I might add a custom seed or random seed choice in the future. but then some features would have to be disabled, like any hand written quests etc.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2014, 01:03:15 AM »

Hi all,

Firstly Tolroko is fantastic. I'm really enjoying the world and where this going! I like the headbob but it needs to be lessened, any way we can have headbob 0/1/2/3/ (more or less bob) or is that going to be a pain?

What are the near future plans for this I'd like to keep following so you heading Greenlight or anything? and do you have nay kind of roadmap?

Again, Tolroko is shaping up to be a genre-defining sci fi adventure/RPG Smiley Appreciate the open dev builds and chance to give it a try!
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2014, 01:54:41 AM »

Hi all,

Firstly Tolroko is fantastic. I'm really enjoying the world and where this going! I like the headbob but it needs to be lessened, any way we can have headbob 0/1/2/3/ (more or less bob) or is that going to be a pain?

What are the near future plans for this I'd like to keep following so you heading Greenlight or anything? and do you have nay kind of roadmap?

Again, Tolroko is shaping up to be a genre-defining sci fi adventure/RPG Smiley Appreciate the open dev builds and chance to give it a try!

Yea I will look into lessening the bobbing a bit =), or add a bobsetting like you sugested.

Futureplans atm are  1: make game   2: ...   3: Profit (also have fun)

Thanks for your kind words I really really appreciate it =)

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2014, 04:00:38 AM »

Thanks for the swift response, if headbob range could be implemented it'd be one of those.. little details people love.

Haha love the reference! Smiley

I wish i could help with development but have no experience. Il continue playing Tolroko and  report any issues/ suggestions Smiley and when there's a price slapped on this rest assured thats a purchase from me!if i can help at all though lemme know, i have good ideas and a pretty powerful pc for benchmarking.
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »

Thanks for the swift response, if headbob range could be implemented it'd be one of those.. little details people love.

Haha love the reference! Smiley

I wish i could help with development but have no experience. Il continue playing Tolroko and  report any issues/ suggestions Smiley and when there's a price slapped on this rest assured thats a purchase from me!if i can help at all though lemme know, i have good ideas and a pretty powerful pc for benchmarking.

...just added a head bobbing slider in the settings screen  Gentleman

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2015, 01:05:54 PM »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar Smiley Cant beat that for dev response Wink

Looking forward to following this through. Stick at it, I hope this is a compliment to you but it feels like i'm playing a modern age Outcast! speaking of which, are animal mounts to be featured?
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2015, 06:33:08 AM »

Hello dudes and dudettes!

A new Tolroko build is available!

change list:

* Made world 4x Larger
* Switch engine over to double precision to counter some of the effects of a larger world, still some minor wobbling of the FPS gun when going near the edge of the world.
* Trading system update, commodities are trading in weight instead of units.
* Random start location in new worlds.
* Head bobbing intensity slider in settings screen =D
* Ship fuel usage, be sure to load up on power crystals before that long journey.
* Ship Loot Scoop , automatic pickup of loot crates dropped from destroyed traders etc. Just get close enough and you can grab them before they even hit the ground.
* Traders have the same faction as their origin city. Pirates be sure not to attack the wrong ones.
* And lots lots more

Go here-> http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/107789433325/new-development-build-0-114-double-dance-is

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

Fantastic I'll get stuck in Smiley
Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2015, 08:57:11 AM »

Hey bud, not sure if an isolated incident but it just gave me a no-cd error once the loading bar had filled. I'll try again and let you know if any issues:)
Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »

Ok, it happens every time I start it but the game will still load once the error box is closed, hope this helps.
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

No-CD ?  Who, Me?  could you describe the error message a bit more? im guessing it might have something to do with the new version update check. but i cant imagine why it would trigger a no-cd error.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »

Of course, its literally the windows standard no_cd error. Its everytime I open the game but the game will still run if i close it. Win 8, 64bit. I dont understand either.. no cd for a cd-less game lol
Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »

Just to confirm the no-cd error is still occurring everytime, I'm also experiencing crashes. I've had a few crashes on startup, following the no-cd error and 2 crashes whilst speeding in air vehicle into new area
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »

Of course, its literally the windows standard no_cd error. Its everytime I open the game but the game will still run if i close it. Win 8, 64bit. I dont understand either.. no cd for a cd-less game lol

Very strange, no one else seems to be getting them. At least not that i know of.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2015, 12:45:39 AM »

Hmm, well its a fresh install.. I have Dragon Age: I in the disk tray but hasnt effected anything else. nm

Edit: Just uninstalled (Again) took disk out. Downloaded fresh copy, installed, same no-cd error generated through windows by 'tolroko.exe'. I will wait until a new build comes out, hopefully the next update works for me too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:17:36 AM by Hardcore2dacore » Logged
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »

Hmm, well its a fresh install.. I have Dragon Age: I in the disk tray but hasnt effected anything else. nm

Edit: Just uninstalled (Again) took disk out. Downloaded fresh copy, installed, same no-cd error generated through windows by 'tolroko.exe'. I will wait until a new build comes out, hopefully the next update works for me too.

ok, very strange. But older versions worked without that error right? just have to wait and see if anyone else gets that same error.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:52 AM »

Yeah, I've never had any issue like this before and all other games etc working fine.. :/ at least it still works though. My friends had no issue and is loving the game by the way Smiley
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »

Yeah, I've never had any issue like this before and all other games etc working fine.. :/ at least it still works though. My friends had no issue and is loving the game by the way Smiley

Btw Tolroko does NOT use UE4  , it uses my own developed engine called ZeroFps.
I noticed you wrote about it in some thread on baremettle.com ^_^
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:52:37 AM by dvoid » Logged

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

AH I apologise and will correct, the effects looked just like UE4s new effects. I hope you agree its high praise to be compared to the newest commercial mammoth engine from your own creation. It really is stunning.
Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »

There I have corrected the misinformation on the site, thanks for letting me know dude and again, good work on the engine, you join a huge open world, gorgeous graphics and effects, 2 secs of lag from loading and BAM 60fps all the way Smiley Cant wait for the next update, we're all currently multi millionaires in game and need moaar :D
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic