Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 10:16:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG X: Werewolf Nation [GAME OVER: HUMANS WIN]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG X: Werewolf Nation [GAME OVER: HUMANS WIN]  (Read 47829 times)
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

One thing that seems really strange Chutup... why/how would the master of disguise start off half in the town and half on the beach... as a game mechanic I get it, but fictionally it doesn't make sense to me. Being from different spheres I never really thought to look too closely at how they were voting...
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

the "woman's mirror" as described by Cyber95 earlier. I could summon a Goddess who answers one question, but the question and answer are conceived by me.

Wow, really powerful! Why did no one use it?

Cheater, I'm impressed that you lived to the end while having no abilities at all! Well played.

Lucaz, I'm sorry, I was the one who got you killed. According to the data I had accumulated, it was either you or Cyber95 the last remaining cultist; of course, I had eliminated GeneralValter from the possibilities because of his heavily anti-cultist behavior. I was the one to voice my suspicions to Gainsworthy, who in the end felt with the authority to vote for you, even if I didn't, myself; I did doubt my own opinion right at the last minute, and thus the last PM you received from me, asking for some kind of confirmation that you were in fact human. The day expired shortly after that, which is too bad.

Gains wandered off to some cave (I still want to know what was up with that!).

I'm pretty sure he was just adding some color to the debate. The first few days he never voiced any suspicions, never voted, he was only trying to make friends, so most of what he said was meaningless, game rules-wise.

And regarding us being on opposite sides, supposedly we knew of a secret way to go between the two. We did wonder the same, and had Chutup explain it to us.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »

One thing that seems really strange Chutup... why/how would the master of disguise start off half in the town and half on the beach... as a game mechanic I get it, but fictionally it doesn't make sense to me. Being from different spheres I never really thought to look too closely at how they were voting...

I don't think we vote exactly the same and the small risk of getting caught was worth it. We gained a lot from being able to have an open debate between me and.. uh.. me, setting the tone and implying things.

I asked chutup about the town/beach-split early on and got this pretty good explanation:

Sorry, I should have explained that. Dacke can sneak in and out of the town by secret ways that only he knows. You can't take anyone through these secret ways, though, as this would obviously incite great suspicion.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

I don't think we vote exactly the same and the small risk of getting caught was worth it. We gained a lot from being able to have an open debate between me and.. uh.. me, setting the tone and implying things.

I asked chutup about the town/beach-split early on and got this pretty good explanation:

Sorry, I should have explained that. Dacke can sneak in and out of the town by secret ways that only he knows. You can't take anyone through these secret ways, though, as this would obviously incite great suspicion.
What I mean is that it seems strange fictionally, that one would be in the town and one on the beach when the refugees had just arrived. It seems like Agj would have to 'appear' on the beach when the refugees arrived... just seemed a little incongruent.  Wink
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:01 PM »

Yeah, it is a bit strange. But as far as I understand it, all the refugees came from different places and hardly had the chance to talk to each other until they got to the beach. General chaos and panic, you know.

Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »

It surprised me a little that Gainsworthy voted for me, and that noone helped me. I mean, I had just accused Valter of being a cultist, and that had lead to his death. Then, after causing the death of a cultist, he accused me of being a cultist. It was a suspicious and weird action from Gainsowrthy, but noone seemed to notice or care.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »

I actually thought you were a cultist too, up until your death. Sorry about that. I guess I missed the part where you pointed out GeneralValter, but seeing how he was a top notch cultist-killer you would still have wanted him dead even if you were a cultist.

I do think your death by Gainsworthy's hands was one of the reasons we had him put down in the end (instead of killing Cheater). I did, however, have to at least pretend to trust him all the way for our plans to work.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »

Lucaz, I think the fact that I had purposely not targeted you after you had tried to accuse me was the reason. As I said before, I knew that accusing you would result in a grudge match, where you die the first day and I die the next. My goal was to shift the blame entirely from both you and me and onto another person: Gainsworthy. I think he saw this as cooperating, and figured that you had somehow contrived it as a clever shift of blame over to himself. That's why he targeted you afterwards.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »

...Gains wandered off to some cave (I still want to know what was up with that!).

Sorry to disappoint Tobasco, but in all earnest I was really just doing some exploring. As around half the beach were friends, and I didn't want to tread on the other half, I didn't do much accusing. Adding some more flavour to the place, from a character's perspective. Both a reason why the beach made me feel uncomfortable, and a reason why we all just couldn't run off. Glad it looked like actual in-game stuff, ey?  Smiley

Xion! Curse you! Ah, heck, I woulda done the same. Though, as it happened, I did put something in for Xotes on night one. I think Inane may have something to say on this, perhaps?
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »

I'll host the next game Smiley

And yeah, I protected Xotes :D Only use my power got. My other protections went to Cheater and Gainsworthy, which sadly never got attacked (and one was a wolf anyway) Cry.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 24, 2008, 12:18:50 AM »

Wowzas, this was a helluva fun game that got played. As I have absolutely no ability to describe a role, however, I'll just quote chutup's PM to me.

Xotes,
You are a Refugee. You are a Human. Your role is the Thiefcatcher.

As a Thiefcatcher, you have a special hatred for thieves, and each night before going to sleep, you erect a special trap for anyone trying to steal from you. If somebody does steal from you, you will know it the next morning, and they will be the proud owners of a mysterious black sphere. Exactly one day after the sphere is stolen, it will explode, killing the bearer. If for whatever reason the sphere changes hands again, its timer will be reset for another day.

I was basically rendered useless when you guys lynched Terry (at least, I think it was him), but at least I survived long enough to almost get into town. IF YOU HAD LET ME IN I MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE! ARGH!

Okay, my fate had already been sealed, but still.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2008, 04:09:30 AM »

Sorry Xotes. You voted very well, and co-incided directly with what I'd been seeing. Couldn't let a seer keep looking into our dealings. Of course, you weren't the seer. Troubling.

Inane, I think I will sit this one out (for reals this time!). Been in every one for a while, and I tend to get rather... involved. Might be nice to observe for once. Even though it's a WESTERN and I love Westerns. Uh oh. Gentleman
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2008, 05:56:21 AM »

I'd just like to congratulate you, chutup, on a game well-run. I couldn't be part of it, but I enjoyed reading it, and especially loved the items. I would have been thrilled to have any of the mirrors on offer. Smiley
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »

chutup: I'm still wondering about the items. How did they shift hands?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic