Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:39:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsThe Official Roster!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Official Roster!  (Read 18787 times)
Lith
Level 0

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »

Something I think would be really helpful as TIGJam fires up is a nice little technical roster on attendees. So let's throw down a bit of applicable information about ourselves so that the other jammers (Windjammers) will know a little bit about what you bring to the table.

Name (i.e. What you want collaborators calling you to your face): BEN!

What I does: I'm an artist. My main strength is 3d modeling and texturing, which I do in 3d Studio Max and Maya. I also rig and animate characters. I use Photoshop to create concept art, texture 3d objects, make GUI elements, throw together matte paintings, and perform graphic design. And special/particle effects are my bitch. I'm not a very good pixel artist, though.  Sad

Some of the things I've worked on: I did a ton of background art, environment art, special effects, and more for a Live Arcade game coming out, and I do some of everything here at Flashbang.

TIGjam application: FURIOUS ART RHINO. Because I cannot program, I will be jamming in a purely aesthetic capacity.

What I want out of TIGjam: I just want to make game art for three days straight. I want to put art wherever I can, whenever I can, as much as I can.

By all means, refine this. I might have forgotten other pertinent information. But let's not let it get too comprehensive so we can still "discover" each other at the jam...

*slowly unbuttons shirt*

Creative Director, Team Colorblind
www.aztezgame.com
aresee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 05:49:14 PM »

Hola. First time poster, but I'll be at TIGJam.

Name: RC
Job: Also an artist, much like Lith. I'll be using Maya, Photoshop and Painter or whatever to jam out some art for the jam.
XP: For the last three years I've been the principle character artist at Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment on Stargate Worlds.
Goal: Like Lith I also hope to jam out some art for some potentially cool prototypes, meet new people and have a great time. If a side project comes out of it, that'd be great too. I'll also try to parry most of Lith's attacks...TECH BONUS!!

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »

Name: IVAN!

What I does: I am primarily a coder (Mostly C/C++ and Python), but I do some low-poly 3d as well, using wings for modelling and blender for uv-mapping and rigging.

Some of the things I've worked on: I was one of the coders of Owl Country, I'm working on a lowbit 2d engine called RetroGameSystem and I'm working on a secret game for the IGF. During the day I design and implement web applications for Nike.

TIGjam application: STEALTHY CODE NINJA

What I want out of TIGjam: I want to make a game with you good people. I have been working on my own 2d/3d engine for the past few months and I can't wait to put it to action.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:13:49 PM »

FUCK windjammers was a good game FUCK.

Name: SWINK!

What I does: Game Design and ninja brainstormery. A touch of code, a touch of art, a smidgen of sound, but my real love is design.

Some of the things I've worked on: the Flashbang projects, a game nobody played called Tune, a bunch of other small things, and a book that's kind of okay.

TIGjam application: I <3 brainstorming and would love to bounce ideas off all your beautiful mind-courts. Also, I plan to code and artify a prototype of some kind in Unity, whilst begging for help in those two areas from folks who are better than I (everyone.)

What I want out of TIGjam: Make something beautiful.

Steve Swink
Game Designer, Enemy Airship
Content Director, IGF
sswink (at) enemyairship(dot) com
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »

Name: Scott

What I does: Bullshit about vague game ideas (see Swink). Occasionally program things, usually resulting in failure. Been around indie dev for a while now in a completely half-assed capacity (Maw!Soft, LD48 participant, Phoenix Game Jam, etc.) Currently working as a programmer on one of the MMOs based on a sci-fi TV show with the word "Star" in its title.

TIGjam application: Bullshitting about game ideas.  Perhaps programming some half-assed thing with abstract (read: programmer) art that no one understands.

Some of the things I've worked on: Boxen, Dope Trail, Fucman, Conformity, and a ton of unfinished crap.

What I want out of TIGjam: I'm on the waiting list, if Flashbang let's me in I'd like to get motivated to work on some indie projects or at least some random prototypes or tech demo-ish stuff. Also Manhugs, or even Womanhugs if TIGJam is not the sausage party I imagine it will be.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 12:06:41 AM by Impossible » Logged
goldbuick
Level 1

where am I?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:13:55 PM »

Name: David

What I does: Web app coder by day! C++ game programmer by night!

Some of the things I've worked on: Qixl, TLDR, Presidential Crowbar Encounter, Transport, worldHack.

TIGjam application: I love code!!

What I want out of TIGjam: I just want to meet some cool peoples!

--== AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ==--
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:15:42 AM »

Name: Greg

What I does: Pro Game Designer by day, Indie Game Designer by night. I also can code.

Some of the things I've worked on: PG Compo: Sin(Surfing), 2D Fighting Game: Dreamscape, VGNG Compo: Pro Mushroom Slam

TIGjam application: Design, Code, I'm up for anything really.

What I want out of TIGjam: Meet some awesome indies, make some kickass games, maybe work on a GAMMA 3D entry? The possibilities are endless!

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »

Name: Alec

What I does: Design, Code, Music
Code = C++ Mac/PC/iPhone or Unity
I made an iPhone game engine, and I also have the Aquaria engine which can both be used for awesome.
I love making stuff. If I can keep doing this 'till the day I die, I will be a happy man! Smiley

Some of the things I've worked on: I'm OK (music), Aquaria (design/code/music), Celu (d/c/m), Owl Country (music)
Also, I recently wrote some music for Jetpack Brontosaurus and Crayon Physics Deluxe.

TIGjam application: EVERYTHING.
I especially want to collaborate with some creative folks on a few small iPhone games. Its a pretty cool platform.

I'm also going to get to hang out with Tommy, Adam, Matt, Steve, Ben, Whitlark and everyone - which is going to be great. Especially if we all go to Fantasy Grill together.  Kiss

What I want out of TIGjam: I want to meet some awesome people that I already know and hopefully some new awesome people that I don't know yet! ...and make some really awesome games.

I'm spending $700 on travel, so I want to make enough games to net me at least that much... then I can break even!  Gentleman

killnpc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »

Name: Cory

What I does: Game Art. Here are my very current, super official stats, based on my overall knowledge and <3:

General 2d: photoshop
|||-- 3/5
2d concept:
||||- 4/5
2d character:
|||-- 3/5
2d animation:
||--- 2/5
2d environment:
|||-- 3/5
2d tech:
|||-- 3/5

i'm just not that passionate or good at 2d game stuff. it takes me forever. this was just a doodle i made one day because i was bored. i was eating saltines and water when i made it.

General 3d: 3ds max
||||- 4/5
3d character:
||||- 4/5
3d animation:
||--- 2/5
3d environment:
||||- 4/5
3d tech:
|||-- 3/5

i want to make a randomized multi-tiered 3d environment so bad. that's it, nothing else really. i don't want to make games, just single features. but i will help others do their thing.

Some of the things I've worked on:
Concept Artist - Alientrap - advanced Quake1 Mod - "Zymotic"

Concept Artist / Lead Artist - small local team of students - Half-Life 2 mod - "Solo Axis"

3d Modeler - small online team - Hife-Life 2 mod - "unnamed"

Game Artist - Iron Lore Entertainment
"Titan Quest" (made one sword)
"TQ: Immortal Throne"
"Dawn of War: Soulstorm"

3D Artist - Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment - "Stargate Worlds"

TIGjam application: Artist Backup.
TIGjam weapon: Fucked-up-computer. My personal computer is basically a shiny rock with peripherals coming out of it. I will buy a new mouse and maybe wacom for this event. I will surely need it. I have a 10 x 12 that sucks ass. it's creaky and too big. If i manage to buy a new one, maybe we can smash my old one or give it away as a prize. i suggest a hot-sauce contest. Angry

What I want out of TIGjam: Just chill and create. It's my last $50, so why the fuck not. I want to work on single-feature 3d projects. my role will most likely be a roaming artist for anyone that wants art for their things, including remote teams (if there are any). look forward to meeting you.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:41:10 PM by killnpc » Logged

without greed.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

Name : Luke

What I does: I does a programming for a living. I've been a game programmer for Leviathan Games in Boulder, Colorado for the last year, and before that went to a few 4-year Washington state universities until I graduated with a Computer Science degree.

Some of the things I've worked on: I was one of the programmers of the Wii port "Target: Terror" for the Nintendo Wii, I'm also on a few unreleased PC and Mac titles that will hopefully be released by the end of this year. Besides the professional stuff, I've been doing coding competitions for 3 years (www.pyweek.org is the one I always promote.) I was into the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS homebrew scene for a while, still enjoy it from time to time. I'm also currently working my way into the Nintendo Wii homebrew scene, I didn't sign any contracts with Nintendo for my Wii title, so I can legally do all sorts of Cave Story knock-offs and not see any legal battles as long as I'm using open-source compilers :D

TIGjam application: Jawesome programmer with a lot of experience on small projects and quick coding competitions. I greatly enjoy dissecting the classics and what make them fun, why arcade games had such a hook with such limited technology, and how modern games can be programmed with art in mind to turn them into more than just games.

What I want out of TIGjam: I'd really like to meet a lot of the indie programmers I meet on here (board & irc) that do small to large projects like I do. Finding programmers who truly enjoy it and have a good time doing it are something I'm finding to be more and more rare. I'd also like to find some people to collab on a few projects, including at least one Wii homebrew project, and possibly something more serious.

I'm currently on the waitlist, so I'm hoping Flashbang can expand its venue. I'm really wanting to make it down for this thing, and plane tickets sky rocket 2 weeks before a date, so thats sort of my cut off. If the venue is changed and I'm changed to registered after that date, I'll have to drop Sad But I can definitely understand if Flashbang can't afford/organize such things, so here's to hoping all falls into place!  Beer!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:35:49 AM by Cthulhu32 » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »

Name: Derek

What I does: Drawring, game-makings

Some of the things I've worked on: Blackeye Software, Thompsonsoft, and Bit Blot

TIGjam application: Photoshopz, Game Maker, 'Jam Logistics

What I want out of TIGjam: I'd like to finish at least one small game!  I'd like to help others with their games.  I'd like to learn a bit about Unity and 3d modeling. And of course I'd like to kick it with some excellent people!  Lez do it!

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »

Name: Matthew

What I does: Physics setup/tuning, Unity, programming, web/database

Some of the things I've worked on: Flashbang Studios, Fun-Motion, Independent Games Festival, Independent Games Summit

TIGjam application: Unknown!  Probably start/finish a physics game.  Eager to mold an idea to playable within the saucy cauldron of creativity that is the jam!

What I want out of TIGjam: Camaraderie, excitement, swilled beer.  Will gladly help anyone who wants to work with Unity, or give feedback.  Also want things to go smoothly, and to spend more time working on a cool project than making sure everything is running smoothly...

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:11:24 AM »

Name: ADAM!  Gentleman

What I Does: Pixel art, low poly 3D, actionscript, C/C++, some web stuff, dinosaurs, phil fish, tacos

Some of the Things I've Worked On: I organized the "gameboy demakes" activity that was on Kotaku recently, did the art for Wurdle on the iPhone, made Nano (the flash pixel shmup), did the art for Owl Country, and helped with the previz and production for a couple dozen mobile and PC games over the last few years as a freelance artist and programmer.

TIGjam Application: Probably jamming mainly as artist and designer?

What I Want Out of TIGjam: Hopefully bang out an iPhone game with Alec, maybe get some more work done on ZXIS with Ivan.  But mainly just looking forward to hanging out with the straightup indiest crew of motherfuckers this side of Sweden!  I can't wait to order a Fantasy Sub/Wrap from the Fantasy Girls at the Fantasy Grill.  Not to mention the pre-party on the 25th...

Obligatory Picture:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:22:38 AM by AdamAtomic » Logged

cup full of magic charisma
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:48 AM »

name: fish

what i do: i wish i could go to your stupid jam.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »

Seriously.  My internet was misbehaving then BAM.  All filled up.

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »

Seriously.  My internet was misbehaving then BAM.  All filled up.

Buy a wait list ticket--those are being sorted out tomorrow.

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »

Whelp, missed that too.   Embarrassed

I'm gettin' the internets hooked up proper in a few hours.  A few hours too late!

Tommunism
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »

Name : Tommy

What I does: Thread the fuck out of shit.

Some of the things I've worked on: Goo!, various other things.

What I want out of TIGjam: To feel some boobies.

The End.

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »

This Smiley.
Lith
Level 0

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

It's right down the street!

And I LOVE how the girl on the right is straight out of an Aphex Twin video.

Creative Director, Team Colorblind
www.aztezgame.com
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic