Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:00:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMy developer partner has turned to the dark side.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: My developer partner has turned to the dark side.  (Read 2501 times)
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »

I was working in a big company and it was my job to work with a designer to make a fairly small graphics visualisation thing. I had a meeting with the designer and he came completely unprepared. During the meeting, he pulled about 5 or 6 vague ideas out of his arse and told me to implement them all, and then the follwing week he would come by and choose the best.

Screamy

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
handsome
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »

Let me tell you a little story about what happened to me.
I was working in a big company and it was my job to work with a designer to make a fairly small graphics visualisation thing. I had a meeting with the designer and he came completely unprepared. During the meeting, he pulled about 5 or 6 vague ideas out of his arse and told me to implement them all, and then the follwing week he would come by and choose the best. I didn't do that of course.
Programming is great fun, but not when you are working with a slacker and you want to get stuff done.
I say end the relationship and let him find someone who is more serious about it, and likewise you can find someone who doesnt mind if things take a long time.

Awsh, got that chief. Good thing I learned to prepare a full GD Document, at least the basic game flow before talking to a programmer. The last project I've been working on is flowing like a charm, of course, I've applied all the lessons learned.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic