Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:53:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessLondon Coworking
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: London Coworking  (Read 1286 times)
gormlai
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »

I've recently come to London, and am looking for a nice place to work in. I usually freelance / work on my own projects, and tend to work either from home / Starbucks / Google Campus Café.

Back in Copenhagen, I used to work in an office building with a lot of indies / smaller companies, and even though we rarely worked on the same projects it was still nice to have that banter about games, someone to have lunch with, people to network with, etc. The odd job would also often come about this way.

Anything like this exist in or around London, with a good portion of game devs in it?
James Coote
Level 1

Spoon Thumb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »

All the trendy tech startups hang out around the Old Street / Shoreditch area. Places like http://www.techhub.com/ are in that area. It is however, painfully hipster and trendy part of town, and it's still essentially central London, so not exactly cheap.

I too would be interested to know if there was somewhere where game developers specifically hang out in London

Crystalline Green - Android Games Developers
raggedy_Benj
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »

Hey,

I'm a 2D animator based in London. I'm looking to start up some 2D game projects and am looking for some game dev guys to share some space with. let me know if you find anywhere. Techhub seems a pretty good place to start though I don't know how niche it is towards game dev specifically.
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »

I'm in too Smiley Let's do a meetup!

gormlai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »

Having met a few like-minded people, I have now started a meetup group for indie devs in London. Link is here, http://www.meetup.com/London-Indie-Game-Developers

I have started with a regular coworking event in the Google London Campus every Tuesday and Thursday. Of course, the hope is to see if we can get a group going and then take it from there. If you take a look at the group you will see the link.

Hope to see you there!,
Gorm
swordpond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »

I might actually show up if it's ongoing in about two weeks. Need some like-minded people to have a look at what I'm working on. I find critique more helpful if it's in person, too bad most people I hang out with are oblivious to the indie-scene!

I'll definitely attend when time is on my side.

gormlai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:12:38 AM »

Well, I think it will be. Please don't hesitate to drop by or pm me here.
nyyjen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:07:32 AM »

Excellent idea. I am a bit far from London, but will try to attend sometime.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic