Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 02:31:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRabbit Stew
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rabbit Stew  (Read 2701 times)
knpmaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »

hello gaming people. Beer!

I've just recently finished my latest mini-project, Rabbit Stew.

http://www.thegamespage.com/backroom/backroom.php?game=rabbit&s=1
(there is a download link as well, just follow this link)

This is the real life 'rabbit in a forest' simulator.  I find it quite amusing. Tongue

Feedback and comments are appreciated.

increpare
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »

Feedback and comments are appreciated.
How about you introduce yourself on the introduce yourself thread and read the forum rules before posting your games here?  (it's a good enough convention: keeps the spam down).
nice_try
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:29:35 PM »

so i decided to click on the link and try the game he posted...

its an alright game

but its safe to say it isnt spam =0

binary in my bloodstream...
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »

Yeah. KNPMaster made some klik classics like Super Bubble Blob, Gunner 3, Hurdler, and Cave Story Jumper.

Played through the level which introduces the hawks. Pretty fun, although I got two rabbits stuck in a burrow in the second level when they refused to jump out. I had a bit of trouble at first visualizing how the rabbits react to your movements, since there's a level of indirection so that you can clear a beartrap, but someone following you doesn't. Is the only reward for saving rabbits points? Do the points count for anything in-game except the highscore?

knpmaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:48 PM »

Noyb, yeah the game is a high scorer, so the only reward is points.  If rabbits get left behind, in a pit or whatever, they will magically appear near you if you get far enough away.

increpare
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »

The browser plugin sucks (in that it doens't have a mac version), but I played the executable version in crossover there, and really enjoyed it! Lots of really cute effects dude.  Tension levels were much appreciated: I was pretty jittery by then end of it.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »

holy crap, I haven't seen a vitalize game since the 90s! Do does some good MMF!

I was really amused with the game! I played it for awhile, and it was great but there were a few things that I had a problem with. Most traps were almost impossible for my friends to avoid falling in. =( Other than that I didn't really see a problem, and it was really fun!

Good job
knpmaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »

I somewhat intended for your rabbit friends to be stupid.  I find it kinda funny  Wink

Yea, I hate how the vitalize plug in sucks.  I'm considering just never using it anymore.

increpare
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:03:11 PM »

I found that it was possible to get the knack of controlling one's fellow bunnies after a while...usually it involved just moving constantly and not stopping.  They make good dog-fodder.  (I just realized when I played there the last time that I could hide in the bushes).
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »

This game was really cool and polished. I couldn't get very far though due to your mean lives system.

knpmaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:35:25 AM »

it's not mean...it's realistic.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic