Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:40:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Contract Killer's Ideology
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Contract Killer's Ideology  (Read 16871 times)
Dayv
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »

Since the deadline has been extended, I thought I'd enter another one.

This is my text-based partial demake.

Enjoy it, but please don't like it more than my other entry.

http://dayv.wikidot.com/cki1
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:54:44 AM »

Dammit Sig...

Anyways, I sat there wondering what the hell this had to do with Hitman Contracts, then it hit me I was thinking of the completely the wrong game and I started laughing my ass off.

Worryingly a comprehensive demake of the end-game of that title. Still one of the biggest WTF moments of the year.
increpare
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:09:19 AM »

not getting it, alas
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »

Me neither. The title reeks of Assassin's Creed, which I haven't played, so I don't know if I'm correct. Also, can this be finished? Undecided
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:52:58 AM »

Poor you, nobody cared about your game.

Heh.

Hey, I thought it was funny, but, uh... not exactly enough to comment, ey? Strange place to set the game? I guess. That's really as much as I can say.
medieval
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:31:43 AM »

Apparently we're supposed to have played through AC?

But damn. I couldn't keep playing that piece of shit.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 04:46:27 AM »

Said it before, probably say it again, but what's with the hate towards Assassin's Creed? I mean, ok, I borrowed it from a friend, but I enjoyed it a fair bit, played it all the way through and such. Played smoothly, and other than the decisions made with voice samples ("THIEF! YOU ARE FILTH!") the cities were quite nice and blah blah blah. You get the drill.

Just wondering.
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

I think the issue's not that it's a bad game, but that it sold so well.  More than much better games released at the same time, such as Super Mario Galaxy.

Apparently we're supposed to have played through AC?

Ditto.  Afraid I just didn't get this one.  Nice idea behind it though.  Smiley

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »

Heh, the game itself I really enjoyed, despite some of the repetitiveness of the missions. It was just sometimes it was the completely archaic and absurd gameplay elements in what appeared to be a massively sophisticated and believable world, like being told by an informant to pick up 20 flags dotted around the city he dropped trying to escape the guard.

Seriously, what the hell does that have to do with anything? Should an assassin risk his life and identity so a measly informant doesn't have to worry about doing so late-night textiles?!

The ending was the real disappointment though, because it doesn't have a real climax. It basically ends exactly like Shenmue 2 did, where you can basically look around the room at cultural iconography and try to make sense of it as some kind of hint to an obviously set up sequel. Yay.

Though I still thought the stupidest part was that the main character couldn't swim. In fact no ones could swim. It was embarassing/
increpare
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »

The ending was the real disappointment though, because it doesn't have a real climax. It basically ends exactly like Shenmue 2 did, where you can basically look around the room at cultural iconography and try to make sense of it as some kind of hint to an obviously set up sequel. Yay.
When I think of the end of Shenmue 2, I think of walking through the countryside, with all those flowers about: it's as transcendent an experience as I've ever had with a computer game...
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »

Just gunna go out on a limb and say I fucking loved ASsassins Creed.
Renton
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »

I have mixed feelings about AC. The cinematics killed me (especially the first one). Gameplay was good. Didn't really have an ending. Templars spoke weird Turkish (!?).
wormfood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 01:58:39 AM »

Well Dayv has recreated the end of AC perfectly, where your stuck in a couple of rooms with nothing to do apart from read some writing thats painted on the floor and walls. its trying to be arty but fails. I thought i hated the game and moaned when i was playing it but i finished it, so it must of had something to keep me playing it. I think it has a great tech which they should have made better use of.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:06 AM »

Though I still thought the stupidest part was that the main character couldn't swim. In fact no ones could swim. It was embarassing.

YES. Man, after I drowned for the first time, after slipping off a boat, man. MAN. I switched off. Just silly, really. Embarrassing. Agreed.

And yes, the informant missions were usually painful. And had a little unskippable dialogue EVERY TIME. It hurt just enough.

Other than that, swell. Also, have you tried simply using the machine at the end of AC? Gives you a little more to do.
Dayv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 07:51:45 AM »

Poor you, nobody cared about your game.

It's not an award worthy game and it only took me about 20 minutes to make, so I haven't shead too many tears

I don't get all the hate of AC.  It is a bit of a triumph of style over substance, but it's fot fantastic style
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic