Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:41:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Creating registry keys and values with C++
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Creating registry keys and values with C++  (Read 10394 times)
RC
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

I don't know if anyone can help me out or not, but I'm using C++ and I wanted to know how to create a registry key and value.

You see, Windows Vista won't let the program manually place another file in the folder which prompts the program to run when Vista is started, so I'm assuming using a registry key in the correct area would do it. However, with my lack of knowledge with C++, I don't know how to do this, I was hoping someone here would know how to do it, or if there was another way to do so without using registry, either way I'd still like to learn to use registry keys for the future.

So, to sum it all up:

1. Vista doesn't let one program add another program to the startup folder that effects all users.

2. I've googled for about 3 or 4 hours trying to find something that is easy to understand for writing registry keys, but no luck.

3. If there is another way to put the file into the startup folder, I'll use that instead of registry.

Thanks in advance!

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:14:49 AM »

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/CPPRegistryWrapper.aspx
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:29:13 AM »

Don't know how useful this will be, but a quick look dug up this;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms838625.aspx

And it references "a free C++ class library to encapsulate basic registry functions" which links to a 404, but i found it HERE instead.

Let me know, I'm interested in this (but not enough to build a prototype Wink)

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic