Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 11:05:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudiowww.IndieGameMusic.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: www.IndieGameMusic.com  (Read 840 times)
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:10 AM »

I'm a programmer, not a musician, so maybe everyone else knows about that site already. Anyway, I found this awesome website with indie music http://www.indiegamemusic.com , the great thing about it is the search feature.

It is actually designed for developers. I have seen several other, bigger and more popular, sites like this and got depressed, because of the prohibitive time cost of searching it (in these other sites it always felt like I would die out of old age before I find anything). Also, it has surprisingly good quality music (hard to find there any really bad music, everything is average quality or above).

If you are a musician, I STRONGLY recommend you to register at that site. That's the kind of site where we, developers, look for music to our games.

BTW, it would be nice if someone created some topic with guidelines/FAQ to developers (not musicians) about finding music and sounds to our games and sticky it. It would be helpful, since not everyone here is knowlegable about music, while everyone needs it at some point of the production stage Smiley

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
GavinHarrisonSounds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:50:55 AM »

Thanks for the information, I've now registered there and am available for work.

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:28:47 AM »

Perhaps this is to my folly but i'm not a huge fan of making licensed music... I would rather a portal for people to get in contact about seeking custom music but i suppose that is here... Although if i am ever in the market - it's good to see that devs are there seeking it. Thanks for the link.

GavinHarrisonSounds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:51 AM »

I would agree with that absolutely, but if developers are using it then there is a need.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic