Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:34:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Screen capturing recorder that shows mouse movement for Windows?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Screen capturing recorder that shows mouse movement for Windows?  (Read 4847 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »

Link please? I need one for work >_.
A free one please. Thanks!!  Smiley

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
X-Tender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »

camtasia!?

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »

camstudio and taksi. though I can't say for sure that they support mouse-capturing.
Auratus
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:37:38 PM »

Fraps is my personal favourite, although unless you buy the full version you are stuck with an ugly water mark in every video as well as only being able to record 30 seconds at a time.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »

CamStudio. Only thing CamStudio doesn't do is capture sound from the machine, but it will capture sound from your microphone.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Gnarf
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

I've been using Wink a little. Don't know if that's a good fit for exactly the kind of thing you are going to do, but it (particularly its input-driven captures) was very good for exactly the kind of thing I was doing. I was using it when testing some not-game-at-all software where things on screen generally stayed put until you clicked something.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:35:53 AM »

I've had a lot of success with Wink. I used it for my Lethe's Yarn demo, though I found it works better with a dual processor machine for framerate. But, the flash output is very nice and customizable.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:42:19 PM »

Is there a good free one for OSX?

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
theparticleman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »

camstudio and taksi. though I can't say for sure that they support mouse-capturing.

Camstudio does do mouse capturing.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »

CamStudio. Only thing CamStudio doesn't do is capture sound from the machine, but it will capture sound from your microphone.
Camstudio DOES do sound capture from your machine.

Camstudio is the best
Renton
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 02:15:02 AM »

Though if it didn't, a quick and easy workaround would be using a two-jack-plugged cable and plugging one end in the speaker jack and the other in the mic jack.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 06:40:35 AM »

Though if it didn't, a quick and easy workaround would be using a two-jack-plugged cable and plugging one end in the speaker jack and the other in the mic jack.

BULLPLOP
jango0821
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »

How about Hypercam?
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »

BULLPLOP
I do that all the time.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic