Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:54:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Frankie and Monster king CUT THAT PROCRASTINATION SHIT OUT thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: The Frankie and Monster king CUT THAT PROCRASTINATION SHIT OUT thread  (Read 18213 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »

Still working on Steambot, also did some unrelated pixel art animation work yesterday on ustream, going to do that again tonight at around 8 PM EST (so about 1:15 from now). Working some more on steambot until then.

Can check it out here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile
Im streaming work on Non Human right now, so if you wanna see clips of what the game is likeright now before everyone else, heres your chaaaance....

Working on its rushing attack and steam pressure mechanic right now, the main gun is working and doing pretty good.

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »

-glitch with the boss's mouth
-tweaked balloon behavior
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »

Done a couple hours on steambot. Made it work with steam pressure, and added the forward rushing attack. Theres a glitch with it though, it doesnt seem to do any damage to bosses. Going to have to look into that. It was all liiiiive! Thanks for everyone who pitched in.

[Edit]: just fixed that glitch! Took a bit of testing, but found it. Its a long boring story though.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:57:59 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

Lurdiak
Level 0

the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

Its a long boring story though.

SO'S YOUR FACE!!!!
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

Lurdiak: BLEH!!

Im almost done with steambot now, just have to give him proper subweapons. Also, both him and Electroz dont have a heads up display yet, im starting to sketch those.

Tonight im going to live stream again, this time ill be working on the last of the robots that ill talk about here, Pyroporous

Hes not going to need much work, being the only alt robot that was already a lot of fun to use before I started this topic. Hes got a flamethrower as a main weapon.  Its very powerful, slow and short range, satisfying to use. Im just going to change how it works a little bit, being a constant stream instead of a single bursts thing. Hes going to have some cool subweapons too.

The next robot after that is gonna stay s e c r e t. Hes a pretty weird one.

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »

started work on final boss death sequence slightly
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »

Streaming now, starting on the flamethrower guy. Same sorta thing as yesterday.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile to watch

Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »

>>DO NOT WATCH<<

Frankie is a noob.

Check out my game

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

>>WATCH<<

This game is awesome.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »

More or less finished the flamethrower robot during the stream, then I started drawing some monsters for one of the game modes. All thats left for the alt robots now is, two of em have their subweapons missing, and I need to finish some of the HUDs still. Then theres the secret 7th character, and I can move on to something else, probably the whole awards/unlocking system. After that, I'll probably be finishing up the game's ending cinematics/animations, which I obviously wont stream or talk about in too much detail...

The character/ game mode unlocking used to be way too complicated; lots of achievement-like trophies that were displayed in a trophy room, some of them unlocking content, other content being unlocked by reaching an arbitrary trophy count. I decided to go for a much simpler system that gives you medals for clearing challenges, integrated in the level and character select screens. Raising your medal count is how you unlock all the characters, and you unlock most game modes by just beating the game at higher difficulty levels. Most of the work is going to be testing the game to find the high score and best time targets for all the characters and all the play modes of course. But for now I need to set up the system itself.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:31:24 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2012, 12:54:59 PM »

did moar
Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2012, 01:31:36 AM »

I fixed some minor bugs yesterday and improved the power-up and health bar codes to be simpler and behave more like the original mega man games, I also tweaked pit deaths. Wanted to do more but the sniffles made it difficult to work, gonna try to make up for lost time.
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »

did moar
and moar
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »

Now streaming again. This time ill be drawing heads up displays for various characters, and maybe drawing more monsters later on or implementing the HUDs into the game.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile to watch n chat (check the tabs to the site to find the chat window, by the way)

Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »

Worked on screen transition code, added (mostly) functional ladders, which involved creating custom Guts Man climbing sprites and doublewide ladder sprites.

Also Frankie has been fighting with his code for about 2 hours now, it's kind of hilarious.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »

Posting liiiive from the stream.
Started working on the steambot HUD, made a cool lil rotating analogous counters for him, and as Lurdiak said, I fought with the code for a good 2 hours. I still dont know what was up with it. Lets just say I will never look at a modulus the same, ever again.

Its all right now though. Its all good. Everything's fine.

dfjisddfjasjfajfoiahgfjushFFAGGFHGHDHGDFUIFKDL

AbortedSlunk
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »

It's looking great, Frankie, but after that stream I'm going to approach mod with caution. Llllllol

It was great to see that horrifying bug progressively fixed and destroyed, though.
awbskeur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »

happy!

frankie: problem fixed! -> by himself  Noir
Bandages
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »

It's looking great, Frankie, but after that stream I'm going to approach mod with caution. Llllllol

It was great to see that horrifying bug progressively fixed and destroyed, though.

Totally off-topic but hey Slunk!

Love your HS-related works and stuff, didn't know you were part of the TIGScene
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

Streaming some more.
Finishing up the steambot HUD, and the drawing/animating some monsters!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

Tonight I got my cousin and his girlfriend hanging out. They may or may not chip in a lil. Its going to be like a shitty radio show!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic