Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:27:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Frankie and Monster king CUT THAT PROCRASTINATION SHIT OUT thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: The Frankie and Monster king CUT THAT PROCRASTINATION SHIT OUT thread  (Read 18210 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

Pretty much finished the steambot's hud, minus some polish left to do. That took a long while, lots of fiddling around with coordinates, shifting elements left and right till they fit together properly. There was quite a bit of animation to do there too.

Also drew 3 monsters later on. A big deformed zombie, a weird plant thing that I still don't know what it is but vaguely looks like a discoloured grass type pokemon, and something that ended up being a chicken robot, vaguely resembling something that would be a robot enemy from a megaman game.
Heres them monsters along with some others I made on a previous stream. Favourite so far is the spider with the hair and the snail-bat.

AbortedSlunk
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2012, 01:22:35 AM »

Totally off-topic but hey Slunk!

Love your HS-related works and stuff, didn't know you were part of the TIGScene

Thanks a lot! As a matter of fact FrankieSmileShow introduced me to TIGSource and I'm brand new here. I've been game-developing for like, a week. Frankie's streams and advice are helping a lot.

Edit: Also Frankie, I still can't quite get over how good this game is looking visually
Lurdiak
Level 0

the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »

Pretty much finished the steambot's hud, minus some polish left to do. That took a long while, lots of fiddling around with coordinates, shifting elements left and right till they fit together properly. There was quite a bit of animation to do there too.

Also drew 3 monsters later on. A big deformed zombie, a weird plant thing that I still don't know what it is but vaguely looks like a discoloured grass type pokemon, and something that ended up being a chicken robot, vaguely resembling something that would be a robot enemy from a megaman game.
Heres them monsters along with some others I made on a previous stream. Favourite so far is the spider with the hair and the snail-bat.

I, uh. I fixed some bugs and added more subtleties to the spawning and transition codes to make them behave more like the old mega mans... GUESS IT'S KINDA BORING COMPARED TO A SPIDER WITH ELVIS HAIR THOUGH!!!  Angry
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:21 PM »

gahhhh those sprites are bad assssssssss good luck d00dz

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »

Almost done on the HUD of Electroz today. Sleepy. Now going to sleep. Ludum Dare tomorrow, prolly going to stream/record most of that.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

Not related to Non Human but, im streaming my Ludum Dare all weekend. Starting right away with unrelated Wizard artwork. Gonna be drawing wizards up until the Ludum Dare starts.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

Malky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »

Can't wait, dude.  My favourite part of the Molyjam was watching your badass sprite art.
Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »

I didn't do SHIT today. Gonna catch up during the week-end.
Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »

I worked like 6 hours on the game today, if not more. Implemented E-tanks, a much more complex pause menu that lets you use said E-tanks and see how many lives/tanks you have, fixed several movement bugs, tentatively added a delay and spawning animation for boulders, fixed an animation bug. It doesn't seem like that much work typing it out, but there was an awful lot of trial and error and code tinkering involved to smooth out the kinks.
Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »

Made the boulders take damage and break apart, added graphics to show said damage and break-apart, added some sound effects.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 09:17:53 PM »

I demand gifs of all of you.

Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:38 AM »

Here you go, a boulder from the first Mega Man with cracks appearing on it, the only graphics work I've done on this game in weeks. Hooray for stealing Capcom's assets! I am on my way to the big leagues.

Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »

I just finally figured out the goddamn jump code!!!!
Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:53 AM »

Moving platforms are the devil.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »

if you plan in moving platforms from the start you can design your platformer code for them. adding them into code afterwards is pretty difficult.

Lurdiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »

if you plan in moving platforms from the start you can design your platformer code for them. adding them into code afterwards is pretty difficult.

Well I managed to make some perfectly functional ones, but I can't really have them support anything but the hero without greatly complicating things. Unfortunately I don't think that's good enough considering the mechanics I'm working with.

Also I've been flying by the seat of my pants from the start of this project, so planning ahead isn't really very feasible, though I'm getting better at it the more I learn.

E: Make that mostly functional. The horizontal ones dump you when switching directions if you stand on the very edge.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:52:39 AM by Lurdiak » Logged
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »

huh what when

the monster king is not done

the monster king is making games

something

SOMETHING is comin' up
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

Alright. bringing this thing back. Working on Non Human again this weekend! Working on some tiles for a Extreme Mode-only level background right now, then ill work on the games' ending a little. Might stream some of that work later tonight.

EDIT: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile
Streaming pixel work and animation! Will prolly still be streaming for a couple hours.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:44:53 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2013, 02:05:47 AM »

Quite a bit of work done today. Made two new tile sets and re-tiled two areas that used to recycle tiles from previous areas, including that background I mentioned. Going to re-tile two last areas tomorrow, and with that, tiles are going to be all done I think! After this, I got to finish up the final boss, and the game's ending. Then I work some more on the alternate characters, do some extra polish and wrap that game up!

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

Streaming again tonight! Doing more tiles work.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile to watch.

EDIT: streaming done. Finished two new sets of tiles, and retiled a few areas with em. Lookin good. Next weekend, should be working on the final boss.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:16:17 AM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic