Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 10:05:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOpal Nights
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Opal Nights  (Read 1728 times)
OddGoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:06:23 PM »

The game is still in early alpha, we sent the media tidbits over to the "Sense Of Wonder Night" Game spotlight. The premise of the game is that it changes itself according to the player game style, and it will consist of a series of episodes with a storyline determined by the users (having 4 endings, the story on the next episode will be determined by the most concurred one, at the end of the game, your statistics will be sent to the server).

Opal Nights

Teaser:

http://www.opalnights.villavanilla.net/?q=node/3

Flavor text:

The game puts you in the role of Eleazar, a highschool student with a particularly harsh social and familiar status who finds comfort and personal growth in his own dreams. The game takes place in the first dream that he realizes that.

El confronts his problems and lacks in onyrical situations, and its up to you, the player, to decide how is he going to triumph over them.

My/Our New game at VillaVanilla, undecided release date, flash player 10.

Screenshots:

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »

So, yah it's in alpha but what kind of feedback you're looking for here? What are the elements you can change in the game at this point? And most important, where can I download the game? It's pretty hard to reply to this post since I dunno what you want to know.

Cheers Smiley

Eli (Threeli)
Level 0

I make games sometimes - sometimes music.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »

Given nothing to work with other than the video/teaser page:

I find that by the end of the teaser I felt compelled to know more.  A demo or more information would be needed for me to provide anymore feedback.  Interesting though.  I'll be excited to know more. 

I'm working on something.
Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 01:14:06 AM »

What I really like the look of is the first scene where the platforms are surrounded by a black fog, definitely a dreamy atmosphere about that one. A whole game with that look would be very fine in my eyes.

Some animations look a bit stiff, especially when using the towel (?) thing.

The hand-drawn graphics look nice. Is there a main challenge in the game, like platform jumping or gathering experience/personality points?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic