Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:44:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art Design, Animation jobs in independant games companies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Art Design, Animation jobs in independant games companies  (Read 2558 times)
Haemogoblin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2008, 07:05:13 AM »

Having worked in the animation industry for a number of years I am disillusioned with it and plain old sick to death of being over worked and under paid to produce unimaginative crap to babysit the little brats of lazy parents.

Only recently have I become aware to the extent of the independant games industry. And as a life long gamer, it has rekindled my childhood dream of making games.

What I'm getting at here is, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where the companies or teams might advertise their jobs(paid or un-paid, it matters not)? Is it just a case of finding their website and applying through that or would there be a network situation like the Animation World Network.  At the moment I don't really have a starting point.
Sorry for the long winded question, any help would be apprecitated. Cheers.
medieval
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »

If the money doesn't matter, all of us here appreciate some lovely art. If you were wanting to make a game, you don't need to necessarily be at a company; many of us make games just for fun, and if you want a codemonkey, you are bound to find one out here.

Of course, with the condition that you make it with love.

Just to sum things up.
Corpus
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:01:40 PM »

It may be very difficult to find a position in an established or existing indie games company, mostly because there are so few of them.

I think you need to understand that there is not a huge amount of money or security inherent in the path of independent game development. The best way to start would be to demonstrate to members of the indie development community that you have mad skillz and then to collaborate with somebody, or with a team of people, on a game.

Make a name for yourself, make some games and, when you feel you're ready, work on a game ambitious enough or good enough to warrant payment.

You should introduce yourself here, and you can look or advertise for collaborators here.
Haemogoblin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »

Cheers guys. I figured it might be something like that. Job security isn't a problem though, as I work freelance anyway and job security is over rated. And I'd rather work for free on something I enjoy and live off welfare than touch another load of balls kids show. I guess I'd better get crackin.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 03:57:53 AM »

What 'load of balls kid shows' did you work on :D

medieval
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:24:24 AM »

Yeah. Like I said. If the money isn't necessary then you can just do it as something pastime.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »

start your own company.
give yourself any job you want!

im a CEO and chief creative director!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: