Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:50:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingQuestions about project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Questions about project  (Read 1438 times)
Kazuyo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »

I have a questions about gameplay in Visual Novel, becouse I make some plan of events ( really dont know how to translate this in english) and desgined some characters.
 This game would be a Visual Novel, player would make decisions, what would have influence in future. In this project I just wanna show a lots of things that I learned from the life and the issue of lots of problem.

Player would have 2 types of decision:

1. Decisions that would be consistant with that what protagonist do before.
2. Decisions that would trying to change the protagonist.

I want to make 2 "screens" of gameplay:

http://imgur.com/wrQ97
1. There would be "right" game screen. Here player see protagonist and etc. .
2. There would be first person narrative text (I would give it up and replace with narrator, but I don't have money for that ). I also think about do something like the black screen with white letters whose was in old movies ( http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYzxxQlk_u--EaQoDzblHv4drUMzHBkq5XmBKhfdRVJ5ld5dbGEbcCMyBC )

This wouldn't be issue for players to look at text and then a game screen ?

What do you think about that project ?
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Sounds straightforward.  Given this is the writing forum, it'd be more relevant to ask about your story ideas here and about presentation in the design forum.

You do mention the types of choices the player makes, which is certainly a writing decision.  "Change" and "stay the same" are interesting choices as long as they aren't too close to "good and evil".  Most games that have protagonist character development have aped the early innovators which did just that.  Those that present players with challenging situations, where average people would be divided on what the right thing to do is -- those are neat stories.  I plan to use this approach myself.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Kazuyo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:41:32 AM »

Mhm, okey, so I just start new topic in design section. I think about using a stream of consciousness in story, becouse this gives a lot of emotions and show connection between "trace of thought". Its important, becouse that decision what player would have influence not only in the events that would be ine future, but too in the mind of protagonist and really help description protagonist emotions. I think something like this would make game intresting and poeple would play more than once 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic