Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:16:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesI did something...!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: I did something...!  (Read 25421 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 07:47:55 PM »

Now this is weird. You say the browser version is slower, but the controls were MUCH more responsive for me when using it. I was able to finish the game even. And it's awesome. Very symbolic and subjective.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »

well thats good to know.. but i have no idea how its possible, exe versions of flash games always run much faster at higher details... very very strange, but good to know something worked out for you.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:33 PM »

Now this is weird. You say the browser version is slower, but the controls were MUCH more responsive for me when using it. I was able to finish the game even. And it's awesome. Very symbolic and subjective.
what he said
Exactly.
Everything.

It was nigh unplayable as the download, but ran fine in the browser.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »

This is weird. Maybe you should investigate why this would happen Edmund, to maybe prevent it in your future games.

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:35 AM »

Very cool game. I really don't know what else to say. I liked how seamless the whole thing felt, with no hard level transitions and no weird puzzle mechanics; all the puzzles work very straightforwardly with the abilities you're made aware of at the beginning. If you're going to expand the concept then I definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with. What you describe, though, sounds a little bit less perfectly integrated and seamless than what you have here... not a deal breaker, but just something to think about perhaps.

Also, I'm quite curious as to how the weird pixelated loading graphic was created. That was a very interesting effect...

Corpus
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:10 AM »

I didn't have any problems running the standalone in Leopard.

It was awesome, anyway. The swinging mechanic worked really well, once you got the hang of it. Congratulations!
Jesseyay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2008, 06:05:48 AM »

This game is awesome. Love the dreamy style. Keep up the good work!

(I had no troubles with the flash version) Smiley
PenguinHat
Level 1

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »

That was something that I personally found really beautiful. I don't think I've ever played something that was such a window into someone else's thoughts. It really was something quite amazing.

I played the browser version, and it worked fine for me, apart from when it decided a wanted to walk left for a few seconds, but I managed to resolve that after a bit of swinging. I'll give the standalone a try and see if it performs better.
increpare
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »

Anyone else having contrast problems?
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »

Anyone else having contrast problems?

Yes. Smiley

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »

Just finished it, and it was great!  Nice atmosphere!  Beer!

I downloaded the exe and had no problems whatsoever, so that's good (for me at least).

I feel pretty bad because I know that I'm missing the significance of certain planets (and usually I'm great at picking up subtle cues in artsy games and movies).  The green planet specifically is really bugging me; I'm sure it's pretty obvious, which makes it all the worse (please spoil if you think you know).

Oh, and contrast was livable, but it could be improved.

Funny that some mainstream people found the puzzles too hard; I'd finally got around to playing Cactus' Illegal Communication last night, so they seemed pretty easy in comparison.
Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »

The most obvious theme of the green planet (I think it's the one you mean) would be pollution. But I don't know, and maybe it's not that important.
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »

I really liked this! I just wanted to check it out for a moment, but ended up playing it for quite a while.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

Ahhhhh!  How could I miss pollution!?!  It's so obvious now that I think of it!
Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »

I probably missed out alot more than you did. I think I got the whole "boy feels alone, boy looks up to stars for guidance, boy lose himself" thing but alot of the different planet's themes went over my head.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

SPOILERS

I think the yellow planet was all about kids' relationships, as you were pushing smaller planets back to a large one that had a male face on one side and a female one on the other.

I'm not too sure about the red planet.  I think it's something to do with retracting into yourself.

The blue planet seemed to be something about the "other fish in the sea."  Maybe it is about that feeling of insignificance?
Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »

The yellow planet was the one with the deformed creature with two faces? Where the happy face said something like "I will be something someday, you'll see!" and the sad one said something like "I'll never amount to anything". I got the feeling that that one creature summarized that whole planet pretty good, like a twisted person with mood swings. But I never got that part, when you're dragging the planets back to the surface, so your may very well be right. It seemed like a big enough part of the puzzle.
They all kept saying (or at least one did, hehe) "I'll never come back, as long as HE's there". Didn't know what to make of that.
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »

i can tell you what they all mean if you really want me to spoil it Smiley just promomise not to judge me

-Edmund
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »

*sits down for story time*
 Shocked

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Honestly, I don't think you should. I think the work loses a bit of the meaning when the author fully explains himself, and I can tell many of the themes here are awfully personal to you. It's your choice but I'd be quiet about it and let people get to their own conclusions.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic