Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:40:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTerms Of Service and Privacy Policy for an online game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy for an online game  (Read 748 times)
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:57 AM »

I'm making a browser-based single player game. It will be freely available on its' site and premium accounts with access to more content will be sold.

I need to write Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy for this game.

Has anyone been in this position? How did you solve this problem? Should I hire a lawyer? How much can it cost? Any tips where I should look for help?
Moczan
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:32 AM »

Maybe search for a game with similar business model, take their TOS and use that as a draft and consult the lawyer? That will probably be much cheaper than writing it from scratch.
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

I'm doing something like that. Paying for a lawyer to write it from a scratch would be an overkill.
Nix
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:23:24 AM »

Many lawyers have templates of their own and will be able to give you a product faster if you ask them to do it 'from scratch' than if you ask them spend the time learning the template you give them and then making the necessary modifications. You should contact someone and ask for a quote. You can often get an initial consultation for free.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic