Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:08:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsJust throwing this out there
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just throwing this out there  (Read 5620 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »

Here's a thought: how about we have a 3 day coding contest on the forums during the TIGJam? So everyone who can't make it can still get into the spirit of things? There's only one rule - You have to collaborate with someone!

Haven't exactly thought this through, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Who'd be up for it? Beer!

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »

Nice idea Smiley

Depends on whether you actually get something going during that time. Three days is an awfully short time when you don't have face to face contact. But why not try. Maybe I'll even have some free time during those three days.
Zaphos
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »

Three days is a fine amount of Internet time ... I mean ludum dare is only two days, right?

I'd definitely be up for some coding over tigjam weekend!
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:17:54 AM »

Sounds nice, but the time will reduce dramatically if you take in account the time difference..  Undecided

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »

Sounds nice, but the time will reduce dramatically if you take in account the time difference..  Undecided

Actually, I think the internationalism of an online TIGJam would allow it to start earlier and end later if local time of the contributors is taken into account. Each participant should limit oneself to a suitable 72 hour time frame based on one's timezone.

I'm also interested in possibly participating in this, but I'm not too sure what usefulness I could contribute. In a pinch, I could do sound and simple music. I actually studied music a little during my high school and university education just for the fun of it, and I've used some sound software (Audacity, sfxr, and a few minor others) and once programmed a short song using MML with MCK.

Maybe those interested in participating should mention what they would like to work on, contribute, etc. Also, I would suggest that Terry change the heading of the thread to something along the lines of "Just throwing this out there: an international online TIGJam 2008."

After the announcement of TIGJam 2008, I originally thought it would be nice of us outsiders to contribute to the Phoenix, AZ, USA TIGJam 2008 through the internet; I'm now more interested in us outsiders doing our own thing than and/or contributing. Doing either or both certainly should be more fitting for the TIGSource community.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:27:35 AM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic