Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 03:17:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBanshee Engine : For all your ANSI needs!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: Banshee Engine : For all your ANSI needs!  (Read 34717 times)
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding what flushkeys does. Essentially, it totally resets all polled input. You want to call it right before you start reading input - reading it as a general action, not before each command - so you can tell it to ignore the keypresses and things that have been queued up until then. Flushing after every key input, or even after every line, is gonna fuck shit up. Probably including key bindings.

Ahhh. Yes. I am misunderstanding what it does. I had assumed I'd have to clear key input if I wanted text input to stay solid regularly. So in this specific situation, it's completely unnecessary, huh?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »

Yep.

Also, update. Finally got in that entity collision bit you asked for a bit ago.  Coffee

1.1.2a
Added "obstructed", "entityobstructed", "obstructedby", and "entityobstructedby".
Added keyboard shortcut (alt+s) to BamPaint to make loading and using different schemes less obtuse.
Fixed setentityglobal to accept more than only strings as the value to set for.
Fixed that objectcompare was actually checking for key down input because of an obnoxious typo.
Fixed having weird UI colors in BamPaint when using a scheme with a different palette than the default. Also corrected a typo in the help file, and a bug involving drawing while an image was scrolled to the right.
Fixed entity collisions involving sizes greater than 1x1.
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

I must agree. I like ASCII stuff very much, so nice work on doing this!
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »

So, will Banshee be Windows only? Or are OSX/Linux already supported/in the works?

Maybe. It's written in a language that compiles cross-platform, but it is somewhat dependent upon whether the libraries will all play nicely with the different OSes as well. I think it'll work but I can't say for sure.

And thanks for the enthusiasm!
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »

The forums seem to be down, it's redirecting me to http://error404.000webhost.com/?.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »

The forums seem to be down, it's redirecting me to http://error404.000webhost.com/?.

I'm intending to set up a simple machines forum instead, but haven't got around to it yet. Web stuff is complicated. Sorry!  Embarrassed
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »

Just wanted to say that this is looking great! I'd love to check it out when it's done and have a go at making some really cool games with it Smiley

Keep the updates coming!

edit: I think it would be a good idea to update the first page with info about what the engine/games you're making are about. I had to dig through a fair few pages to get a grasp on what's going on.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

Two questions:

1. Can we get the ability to resize the BAMPaint window? It's really hard to work with large canvases with the consistent need to use the arrow keys.

2. Can we get a public release soon to just be able to distribute builds of our games, even?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »

edit: I think it would be a good idea to update the first page with info about what the engine/games you're making are about. I had to dig through a fair few pages to get a grasp on what's going on.

The intention (and main concern right now) is to get a website working that would have it there.

1. Can we get the ability to resize the BAMPaint window? It's really hard to work with large canvases with the consistent need to use the arrow keys.

2. Can we get a public release soon to just be able to distribute builds of our games, even?

1. Um. Maybe.

2. I am working on it!  Crazy
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »

damned midterms and love life troubles all muddling up my time I should be using to program

I'll get back on track soon enough  Huh?
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

It's been almost a month since the last post here. What's going on with the engine?

EDIT: And has there been any work done on a possible Mac version? I know BlitzMax supports it and my PC's out of commission until I can afford a new hard drive so now seems like the time to ask. Tongue

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »

Going on 2 months. Should I just assume this is dead? Should I not bother picking work back up on my game when I can finally fix my PC?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »

Oh, hi. It's been a little while. I swear this isn't dead. Life got busy and now I'm trying to find a job. Once my life schedule has more normality to it I'll no doubt get back to this, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and concentrate on any bigger projects lately. Sorry for the hiatus!
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »

sign me up.

Where do i sign up?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »

Since I haven't been working on it for so long, here, just take the link to the alpha download. It's far from guaranteed to be bugless, but still let me know if you run into any.

Download

The documentation isn't entirely finished but I don't think the gaps should be too ugly.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01:13 PM »

Since I haven't been working on it for so long, here, just take the link to the alpha download. It's far from guaranteed to be bugless, but still let me know if you run into any.

Download

The documentation isn't entirely finished but I don't think the gaps should be too ugly.

Bollocks, I'm on OSX. Tongue

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »

join the win7 master race
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »

join the win7 master race

I have one of those, but I don't feel like booting it up to poke around. I have a really nice one too. I'm just more likely to be using my mac these days.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic