Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:16:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDwarfCorp: Ruthless Capitalism RTS in a Fantasy World
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: DwarfCorp: Ruthless Capitalism RTS in a Fantasy World  (Read 100362 times)
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2012, 09:45:45 AM »

A new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQWJVJOcC8&feature=youtu.be

Untextured shader test:

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »

The sky halfway between night and day:

And the function I'm using to determine the amount of daylight (where x is the time in seconds since the start of the day). You can see that nights are about half as long as days, which last a few minutes.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »

So a fully day is 310~ seconds?
Dementor561
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »

Only 5 minutes for a day?
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »

Maybe I will multiply everything by two.

Kinasin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »

Do plan on doing preorders anytime soon?  Smiley
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

I love you
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:24 AM »

I've been working on a similar game for over half a year now and you have like 10x more features in less development time. I feel so demotivated, I want to play your game instead of mine... and I'm confused because this thread makes me both joyful and depressed Huh?

Just don't stop Grin Kiss

Liosan

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »

Sorry there weren't any updates last week. Real life is starting back up again. I *did* get a few things done however:

1. Dwarves can get hungry and sleepy.
2. If dwarves get sleepy, they will look for a bed. If they can't find one, they will pass out where they are, and wake up some time later.
3. If dwarves get hungry, they will drop what they're doing and look for food in a stockpile. When they pick up food, they will eat it, alleviating their hunger. Currently the only kind of food is an apple, which is dropped by apple trees.

--

I am also working right now on replacing all the placeholder artwork with original work, but its not quite ready to show.

Also, doing some code cleanup and performance improvements. Replacing all the magic numbers with calls to a general configuration manager, which will spit out an XML file that will be editable by users/modders/me. A select few of those will also be accessible by a GUI.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »

If the artwork is as good as your avatar then I can't wait to spend some money on this.

Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2012, 07:24:19 AM »

That's great to hear - I'm actually going to be the artist behind this project, and that dwarf was a bit of a preview I put together for my friend here.

As he said, I'm currently working on replacing the textures, which currently come from someone's minecraft texture pack. It's tough to keep things recognizable without seeming like I'm copying the work of others...
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:01 AM »

Your avatar is delicious enough
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »

That's great to hear - I'm actually going to be the artist behind this project, and that dwarf was a bit of a preview I put together for my friend here.

As he said, I'm currently working on replacing the textures, which currently come from someone's minecraft texture pack. It's tough to keep things recognizable without seeming like I'm copying the work of others...

Awesome!
If you ever need some help or inspiration, check out http://www.wayofthepixel.net/
Some epic level pixel artists there!

Also, the current textures are from Dusty's minecraft pack Smiley

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »

Finally got around to making a block placement tool for debugging purposes (you can also see a couple of the WIP textures)

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

I love you
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

It's looking great.  I love the reflection in the water, and the lighting looks great. 
Are those your stone textures or the place-holder ones, because I thing they look nice.

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »

Holy hell, those screenshots are... well, they make me want to start licking my computer screen or something.  Is that weird?

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »

Not in this case
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »

Made a little world generation prototype thing.

Just three layers of perlin noise + some monte carlo simulation of erosion. The idea is that an image like this will be generated at the start of the game, and depending on which region the player selects to play in, the specific parameters of the world will change to (somewhat) follow the map, probably on a 1 chunk = 1 pixel basis, ala dwarf fortress (though I'm not exactly sure how DF does it)

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »

Afaik DF generates the whole map, then for each region it checks the topmost floors and displays the most common one
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic