Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 02:08:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSirtet
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sirtet  (Read 1616 times)
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »

http://zarat.us/tra/online-games/sirtet.html

Based on this. A Tetris-like game where you assemble tetrads instead of lines.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:38:11 AM »

reminds me a lot of Puyo-Puyo series, i think the gameplay is much more similar to this than Tetris, in fact in Puyo-puyo you have to do blocks of puyos of the same color and even the "metaball" effect is the same.
I like it, fast and immediate gameplay and it's realized pretty well, the weak points are surely that the same gameplay is used in so many other puyo puyo clones and that the music resemble too much tetris.

Maybe also a colorful background instead of that grey blocks would appeal more too, if you are intended to do a puyo-puyo clone you have to work a lot on graphics and sound because these are only things that can make the game stand up in the sea of the other clones

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
increpare
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 03:51:57 AM »

Ah.  Hard game Sad the Puyo-puyo mechanism of dropping two pieces at a time, say, and starting at a slower speed, might give the game a slightly more pleasant pace (while at the same time making it seem a little more derivative Sad  )

Alternatively, as an idea, you could have the required size of the chains vary from level to level.

The production values are good, and the game has a nice feelbut the game moves a little too fast for my fingers to deal with Sad  Have you thought about putting in a 'next piece' counter?  Sometimes I was unable to react fast enough to put a piece where I needed it...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic