Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:33:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingProcedural metroidvania game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Procedural metroidvania game  (Read 5635 times)
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

Oh no! That music is growing on me!
Muahaha!

Was gonna switch it back to the original track, but I tried and I don't like that one right now - seem to enjoy this loop better while testing etc. So I'm gonna wait and overhaul the first track to make it better.

The goal text is just temporary too, I'll do a small intro story at some point. Manned ISS supply mission goes horribly wrong, dude loses consciousness, winds up on alien planet. Something quick, I'm not really a fan of stories in games, more just theme & context.

Re: enemies, that's all the Metroidy ones I was planning on - got a lot of ideas / sketches for other ones in the works. I wanted the early levels to feel closest to the classic game, then once you get out of this first area/biome things will go different directions. The size of the current map is probably good for the first biome, just needs to be flushed out with a bit more stuff to do - then the last room would become a bridge / elevator to the next biome, where challenge can be ramped up etc., paths branch off to miniboss lairs, etc.

I'll add the menu loop thing to the list, that sounds good.

Thanks for checking it out.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »

So, I've decided to cancel this project; from the feedback so far it doesn't seem like there's much interest in it, and I had been hoping for a smallish 4-5 month project - that's about where things are at now, and there's still much more to do to get it to where I originally envisioned.

Big thanks to Quicksand-S though for all the feedback and advice - really appreciate it - I hope to put it all to good use in future projects.

I may choose to pick this one up again later, we'll see - but for now may it rest in peace. Undecided Hope to focus on some small 1-month type projects for the near future.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Well, that sucks. Oh well. At least you seem to have gotten something out of this project, and learning is always good. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic