Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:43:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingReign of Rebels: Multiplayer Online Rpg
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reign of Rebels: Multiplayer Online Rpg  (Read 2105 times)
teletubo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:12:09 AM »

Hello guys,

This is the game I've been developing for almost 2 years now. It's an online RPG, written in Java with LWJGL.
The game features real time multiplayer, with dozens of weapons, enemies, magic speel, quests and all that fancy RPG stuff!
All the graphics and programming were made by myself, and music was written by craze.se
I have not put much effort into the story, it is supposed to be more a hack and slash and loot than anything.

I have showed it in javagaming.org forum, but now I feel I need feedback from different-backgrounded people, and some real gamers (that's you Smiley ).
I would highly appreciate feedback on gameplay, balance, difficulty or anything you should think it's worth commenting.
I don't know what I really expect from this game, but if it entertains people I will already feel it's a hell of an achievement!

The game can be played in your browser as an applet(auto updatable), or you can download a launcher which will check for updates everytime you run the game(I prefer this over the applet).

The game runs on Windows, Mac and Linux (although I never tested it on Mac).

So here's the link:
www.reignofrebels.com

Please have fun with it and leave your feedback Smiley

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:42:51 AM by teletubo » Logged

theSoupSmith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »

I really like the top-world texture style where you can clearly see the edges of the blocks, but it looks like that is lost a little in the dungeons and on the wall texturings! Is that something you are trying to avoid? I think embracing it would add a lot of consistency and unique atmosphere to the game!

Crescent is a multiplayer, 2d space shooting adventure where the player explores a vibrant, life-filled nebula by blasting asteroids and using the precious crystals within to synthesize controllable versions of the many creatures that inhabit it! Check out our devlog!
teletubo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:45 AM »

I really like the top-world texture style where you can clearly see the edges of the blocks, but it looks like that is lost a little in the dungeons and on the wall texturings! Is that something you are trying to avoid? I think embracing it would add a lot of consistency and unique atmosphere to the game!

Actually I was trying to avoid it! But I think I will choose to embrace it, since it's way easier to make them look "edgy" than makeing them look seamless. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic