Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:55:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMagnaut
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Magnaut  (Read 13015 times)
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »

Working on a background for the next world:
TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 11:08:54 PM »

Just have to say this game looks amazing

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »

This last world is going to be pretty hard. Here's a video of me barely making it through part of it:

The two new enemies this time are a disk thrower, and a mine layer.

The disk acts like a boomerang, and will always return to its ship. Until it returns, you can't fire again. Of note is the fact that it's the only projectile in the game which can loop around the edges of the screen — otherwise, it can be fired off-screen and totally blindside you when it flies back in. I suppose that's kind of inconsistent behaviour, but it seems better than the alternative.

The mine layer lays mines, predictably! The mines are activated when an enemy comes close enough, and they deal damage based on how close you are to the center of the blast. They're quite effective against groups since they can immediately deal high damage to a large-ish radius. Each ship can only have one mine deployed at a time, so if it places a new one, the old one will be triggered. Hopefully that'll be clear to players. If not, then I might have to change the behaviour a bit!

Anyway, this might be the last video for a while. Next, I'll be making the final boss, followed by bonus stages and a seeeeeeecret. Aside from the bonus stages, I don't want to spoil all of that, so I might keep it under wraps for now. The good news is, once that's through, I'll be just about ready for beta!
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »

Somebody on another forum requested that I upload this, so I figured I should cross-post it here too. It's the music from the final world:

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »

So, I'm (slowly) working on the final boss. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and the boss is also going to be somewhat complicated, so it might be a while.

In the meantime, though, I also put together a new theme for the first world.

is already going to show up as the title theme, and there are going to be remixes/pieces of it for the level complete theme, the game over theme, and maybe an invincibility theme or something? So, for the sake of not making everybody completely sick of it, it seemed like a good plan to have something different as world 1's background music.

Without further ado, here it is:
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »

As I predicted, I've been out of commission on this for a while. Like, almost a year. But rest assured, I've still been working on this very periodically. Plus I finally have some time again! So you'll all be glad to know that the final boss which previously had a single attack now has TWO attacks.

BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH! Exciting news! The latest version of Adobe AIR has joystick support! This is cause for much celebration, and also many exclamation marks!!!
Today, I got the gamepad controls mostly working, and they feel really good. I'm pretty sure this game is going to have to come with a Super Meat Boy-style gamepad "recommendation" intro.

Here's a little gif showing it off:

You can also see a new feature I added in, which is the ability to "shift" your attachments without having to go to the pause menu. Basically you can change which attachment points where you're aiming (which is always colored green). As well, you can press a button to discard your primary attachment. I want to keep this game pretty fast-paced, so this should keep people from constantly having to break up the action to get rid of attachments they don't want or shuffle their favorite weapon to the front.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic