Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369161 Posts in 64312 Topics- by 56302 Members - Latest Member: maknaqurban

November 12, 2019, 10:41:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLet us honor the real Captain Commando
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Let us honor the real Captain Commando  (Read 12854 times)
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:46:46 PM »

I have to honor the old Captain Commando.  He kicked so much ass, and I admired him as a kid.

Look at that shit.  Lasers blazing, HUGE medallions, long rockstar hair blown back by the force of his awesomeness.  His blingin' medallions smack you in the face with the fact that he's a decorated space-captain, and his blazing laser guns fry your ass until you admit that he's the commandingest commando of all the space commandos in the universe.  And you know he's badass when the universe huddles behind him for protection.  Just be glad you're on the universe side of that triangle-shaped portal to punishment.

What happened to him? Sad  Now he needs a ninja, a mummy, and a BABY to back him up?  And what's with that star?  He's a lowly sheriff now?  What happened to being a kickass space-captain?  I miss the old CapCom Sad

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:00:26 PM »

Seriously, what's with the blue shirt tucked into blue jeans thing the new CapCom's got going on? Sad

Are they even jeans?  Or is it tights with belt loops on them. Shocked
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:14:05 PM »

Hahah nice find on the picture of the blue shirt tucked in blue jeans.  They have to be some kind of a future jean/tights hybrid designed for and marketed to sissies.  They have too much bulk to be pure tights.

I wish I could find a picture of the transition CapCom.  Does anyone have it?  He was airbrushed with short, nicely combed brown hair, and a space monkey on his shoulder.  I wonder what made him decide it was time for a change, and to trade in his guns/medallions for a space monkey and a mama's boy haircut.  Then he thinks wearing sunglasses and going blond makes up for the cool he lost?

pyabo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

I am pretty sure he's wearing a onesie... you know, like a ski outfit.
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:04:10 PM »

No way!  Look at the ridge above his belt.  If he's wearing a onesie, it's made to fake the top of pants, which is more lameness than I'm willing to put on CapCom.  Agh, I wish I had all of my NES boxes still, so I could scan a picture of the 2nd version of Captain Commando.

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »

Man!  Cap Commando has a gun made of gold, and another made of chrome.  Bad ass!

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 03:14:47 PM »

Oooo I didn't even know there was a previous version of CaptCom.
That said I was a big fan of the 1991 game. I especially liked the custom deaths inflicted by  Hanzo and Mac the knife.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »

I wish I could find a picture of the transition CapCom.  Does anyone have it?  He was airbrushed with short, nicely combed brown hair, and a space monkey on his shoulder.  I wonder what made him decide it was time for a change, and to trade in his guns/medallions for a space monkey and a mama's boy haircut.  Then he thinks wearing sunglasses and going blond makes up for the cool he lost?

Is it from a manual?  We could look through scans.
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »

For some reason I thought it was on the back of the Megaman 2 box, but now I think you may be right.  It could very well be in the back of a manual.  I do know that it was in color.  The 2nd Captain Commando was introduced at the end of the Challenge Series, so he only showed up on a few games.  I believe Megaman 3 was released after the Challenge Series ended.

It showed a picture of Captain Commando with his space monkey, and a letter to you about how special a challenge series game was, or something.  Then it had his signature at the bottom of the letter.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »

The original Captain Commando was a pale, Bowie-esque space rockstar. Then he cut his hair to get a job (I can only assume the monkey was his career advisor). Now he is back, owning his own company at the age of 47, rich from the lucrative IPO: all fake tan, bleached hair and steroids, flashing hundreds at a local bar, trying to pick up some girl young enough to be his daughter by bragging that he's friends with a purple ninja.

What happened to you, Captain Commando?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
MattC
Level 0

TIGSourcerer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:41:25 AM »

I found your transitional Captain Commando:

That monkey has one sick goatee.

It was on the second page of the Mega Man 2 instruction book found here.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:56:45 AM »

Nice one, Matt!  Now let's see the evolution:

The original Captain Commando was a pale, Bowie-esque space rockstar. Then he cut his hair to get a job (I can only assume the monkey was his career advisor). Now he is back, owning his own company at the age of 47, rich from the lucrative IPO: all fake tan, bleached hair and steroids, flashing hundreds at a local bar, trying to pick up some girl young enough to be his daughter by bragging that he's friends with a purple ninja.

What happened to you, Captain Commando?

"Yo girl, you wanna see my purple ninja?"
        \

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:24:52 AM »

Derek, m'boy, your resourcefulness and creativity always amazes me. It's like you do a google image search and photoshop (or some other shop) something in, every chance ya' fuck'n get.

It's inspiring.
NOW WATCH BITCH AS I TRY SOMETHING!

"H-hay girl, you w-wanna see my b-blue Mermaid?...
A-actually it's more of a turquoise."
/

Yes, I just made you white and stuttering, mwahahaha!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »

Hahah awesome!  Thanks MattC!  I wonder where the color version could have existed, if it was on the second page in the MM2 manual.  That confucius-monkey was blue! By the way, it's much cooler that he tells you who he is by his initials on his huge medallions than by his third-grade-cursive signature.

So, first he starts out flying space ships and saving the universe by act of lasering, then he gets a job as a plane pilot carrying a spacemonkey around?  I bet he met an exotic alien chick on one of his universe-saving missions.  He saved her solar system, they got it on, then got married.  She then moved her stuff into his space ship.  Then she started complaining about how he doesn't buy her nice things.  Saving the universe doesn't bring in the big bucks, so he sold his medallions and gold/silver guns to buy her these new space-shoes she'd been eyeing.  Well, more than eyeing.  She'd been yelling the brand name at him as part of a long list of things about the quality of their life that could "improve".  She couldn't even get a pedicure for her precious darling space-monkey, Pupu.  So she demanded that Commando get a job with steady pay and benefits.

He got a job as a plane pilot on this swank planet she saw on a fashion show on space-TV.  With his steady income, she went out shopping regularly, and made Commando babysit her darling Pupu daily so she could carry more bags.  It was then that Captain Commando got the phone call about his videogame deal that he'd been secretly working on getting.  When he found out how much it would pay, he divorced her ass, signed the space-contract, and flew to the studio producing the game.  The rest is history.

PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 03:54:14 PM »

Man, working man Cap Commando looks more like a bad ass astronaut, if it weren't for the fighter jet and helmet.  That's what we need more of today.  Bad ass astronauts.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »

wow, i had no idea there were so many different captains.

but...why bother?why bother naming all these characters captain commando if theyre gonna change everything about him?

coming soon: MEGAMAN Z, in which megaman is now a famous dentist with laser eyes and a pet crocodile who is actually his old best friend, transformed!

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »

coming soon: MEGAMAN Z, in which megaman is now a famous dentist with laser eyes and a pet crocodile who is actually his old best friend, transformed!

From Renowned Director Michael Bay.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 01:03:07 PM »

SPLOSIONS!

PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »

From Renowned Director Michael Bay.

Man, I hope he didn't screw up Transformers.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 03:20:43 PM »

Yes, I just made you white and stuttering, mwahahaha!

Who says I'm not white and stuttering? Wink

:D
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic