Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:46:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy Games & Stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: My Games & Stuff  (Read 31134 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

Farmergnome's Games and Stuff

So recent life changes have made me rethink having several huge projects on the go, and Geti recently mentioned I should make a whole pile of smaller games since they are usually more out there, so it got me thinking, I am going to do exactly that.   So consider this a dump for everything I will eventually release in some form, probably a series of competition sized games with no real purpose other than to try something new all jammed together WarioWare style, on a CD like the rappers did in the early 90's.  If you want to collab on any of the projects hit me up.  

I will be putting up a pre-order at some point, I will be lumping all these games together for about 5 dollars (thinking about 8-10 games at this point), people who have bought Under the Ocean, or helped fund RamBros are already in on it.

I am currently planning to do a whole pile of smaller games with my coder friend Michael Reitzenstein (Under the Ocean, Black Market) as part of it, so consider this thread my side of it development wise.

I will just post games in the thread as I do them, and I will host them at www.farmergnome.com, happy digging.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:22:20 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

Intriguing, I quite like the mixtape concept in music. I wish the best of luck for you on this project, you're quite a talented dude and I liked what I've played from RamBros. Smiley

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »

Intriguing, I quite like the mixtape concept in music. I wish the best of luck for you on this project, you're quite a talented dude and I liked what I've played from RamBros. Smiley

Cheers bro, yea a bit burnt out with RamBros at the moment, I think lots of people are doing similar games now (Mercinary Kings, Broforce) and that kinda takes the fun out of it a little for me, so it will definitely still get released, but just a bit over it right now.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »

New game to add to the pile, Already dead. Now this is hard for me to explain, but the game is played on a variety of different controls, giving a different gameplay experience to each control set, pretty crappy explanation I know but you will just have to play it Tongue

Still needs a bit of graphical work and some of the mechanics to be in still (upgrades and weapons mostly) - should be finished in a few days.

Side note, now two of the games have similar colour schemes, well shit.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:19:18 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »

Liking the sound of this devlog and looking forward to seeing the new projects you're developing. Still try and play Rambros for a bit every week. Think you did an amazing job with it, so interested to see what you do with it approaching it as a smaller game.

Interested to know what program you'll be using to make the Untitled Muscle Car game (also like that Grim Fandango is an influence on it).

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »

Already Dead looks fantastic, when can I try it out!

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »

Liking the sound of this devlog and looking forward to seeing the new projects you're developing. Still try and play Rambros for a bit every week. Think you did an amazing job with it, so interested to see what you do with it approaching it as a smaller game.

Interested to know what program you'll be using to make the Untitled Muscle Car game (also like that Grim Fandango is an influence on it).

The games will either be MMF2 or Unity, RamBros actually looks a LOT different to when I posted it up awhile ago, its not so much that its getting smaller (well, its actually getting more levels) but my plans to do more on it are up in the air depending on how many people enjoy it etc - if people enjoy it I will make more levels for it, if they don't, then I will keep making smaller games.  It will probably be the biggest game on the mixtape (for lack of a better word).

I should mention also, the whole thing will be 5$, the same price as RamBros was going to be alone, hopefully no one has a problem with that.  I am aiming for 6-8 games.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:07:12 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »

Already dead will be done tommorow, just got a few graphics and things to polish up, will be awaiting music for a few days I think.  Next game up is my Will Smith Fan game.  Its a twin stick shooter dancing game with RPG elements.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »

New RamBros Levels.  Bam.  Finished Already Dead this week, Will Smith game is well underway, will be starting another game after the Under the Ocean build is out.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

Did you happen to release Already Dead anywhere? Or is it just finished at this point?

Oh, and since you plan on making all of these moddable, what do you program in?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »

Did you happen to release Already Dead anywhere? Or is it just finished at this point?

Oh, and since you plan on making all of these moddable, what do you program in?

It will be included with RamBros Alpha, hopefully with a few more games also - as it stands its finished but I wont be releasing it since it kind of defeats the purpose of making a mixtape of unreleased games then, I may throw it up here for a few days to get some feedback however.  

All the moddable stuff is editors + LUA.  Some stuff is procedurally done so it wont be as moddable as I thought (Already Dead mostly), but for the most part I will be making it as much as I can without adding extra work.  Soul Jar and RamBros both run the same editor/scripting system also.

Fuck yeah! Awesome variety in those shots.

Thanks bro, those are just a few.  I have been avoiding posting RamBros stuff for awhile now, figure it was time to post an update just to let people know I haven't left it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:30:59 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »

So my lazy update for the week, have been pretty busy with doing the next Under the Ocean update, but my smaller games got some love too this week, here is the updates:

RamBros-  I am really sick of the map system, I cant figure out why, but its not working, I am going to fall back on the more traditional Megaman boss screen lineup - Its more snappy, I think the big problem was just there wasn't enough gameplay on the old map to warrant having such freedom.  Infact all news this week is more Megaman influence, I am also scrapping the black level outlines in favor for this:

Already Dead-  I have added all the weapons in for each of the characters, started the boss levels, mostly just creep here to keep my mind away from the massive changes in RamBros.

Will Smith- Got background events happening, the first level is Wall Street, and you reduce the US debt with the power of Will Smith dancing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:28:37 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Veav
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 05:40:16 AM »

Well, foo... I'm sorry to hear you're getting burned out on RamBros.  I can understand how the  thunder has been stolen a bit by Mercenary Kings, Broforce, etc.  I had skin in that game though.  Sad  Oh well, skin in Under the Ocean is good too.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 07:53:29 AM »

Well, foo... I'm sorry to hear you're getting burned out on RamBros.  I can understand how the  thunder has been stolen a bit by Mercenary Kings, Broforce, etc.  I had skin in that game though.  Sad  Oh well, skin in Under the Ocean is good too.

I get moments of inspiration, but yea its a bit of a hindrance lately, what I might do is just release a demo, if people like it I will keep going with it, if not then all good too.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:31:48 AM »

If anyone would like to have a play-test, I will be releasing a few demos over the next few months between  Under the Ocean updates, just to gauge what everyone likes / doesn't like from what I have made so far, from there I will polish em up and add them to the mixtape / whatever I will call it.

So first up...

A Fistful of Gun

(Formally Already Dead...  Name is still quite temporary, anyone have any good ideas?)

0.22 Work In Progress DOWNLOAD (All Audio is currently ripped/temp):

To make this perfectly clear - The game is not finished - this is a in development build - if people like it I will add bosses and storymode.  All the games levels are procedural minus special case events (rafting levels, train levels, ambushes) - if you get generated a dodgy level screenshot it for me, I will try to fix it.  Controls and how to play the 3 different characters is as follows:

The 3 characters were specifically built with a certain input device in mind (keyboard, mouse, joypad) so that 3 players could play simultaneously without sharing devices.

They each have different skills, weapons, movement speeds and upgrade patterns to suit there control device.

-Keyboard controls Noah -[Shotgun]

Z & X will fire each shotgun barrel, while directionals will move you around, you can double tap movement keys for a dash movement.  You can edit his controls in config.ini in the root folder (each key uses a number - just use this as reference for remapping controls http://www.ascii-code.com/ )

-Joypad controls Abel- [Revolver]

Left analog stick moves Abel around, flick the right analog stick to fire his weapon, kind of like the reload motion on a revolver.  I have only tested this with wired/wireless 360 controllers currently.

-Mouse controls Zeke- [Long Rifle]

Left mouse button will move Zeke around, while holding Right mouse button will aim his rifle.  Zeke will automatically cloak if you don't fire, firing or moving too close to enemies view cones will reveal him.

Feel free to submit any bugs and if you know anyone who could kick some ass with some sound effects and all that, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected], or hit me up on twitter at @farmergnome  .

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:48:21 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »

Replying to myself but this kind of goes without saying, if you manage to cheese a uber score please post how you did it, there are enough OP skills in-game currently to give me something to balance for a few days at least -  someone just submitted a HUGGGGEEE score and I am not actually sure how they did it....  Big Laff  Also, I have had a few reports of slowdowns / lag, if you pinpoint it to a specific map that would help heaps.

EDIT:  Threw a new build up that makes the AI more aggressive and also fixed some of the fire lag problems.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:50:38 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »

Ahhhh this is so great, I can't wait until I have enough time to play it properly

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »

Ahhhh this is so great, I can't wait until I have enough time to play it properly

Well I wasn't sure if people would like it or not, I guess that's some good news , especially coming from you Smiley . I made some fixes to the high score lists (someone submitted a stupidly long name by hacking the data file....) so that shouldn't happen anymore, at least I hope...  Some visual tweaks and blocking free hearts from appearing if you are full.  I also added some graphical effects for when armor kicks in from taking a hit, should emmit blue sparks now.  I tweaked the random level generation a bit so it gives more predictable results for ambush scenarios.  I do believe I have also found someone to handle replacing the temp music and sound currently in the builds also!  So pretty good news all around.

0.13 WIP DOWNLOAD(All Audio is currently ripped): HERE!

More updates to come, though I have an Under the Ocean update to ship, so might be a little slow until that is done.  I want to take some time to do the IndieSpeedRun competition and the Ludum Dare this month, so if either of those result in games that don't suck, I will polish them up also...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:48:34 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

This is awesome!

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
nachobeard
Level 0

a beard made of nachos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 12:55:06 AM »

played two games, didn't find any bugs.

only thing I noticed is that I got to an enemy with a machine gun, it seemed to me that when the enemy fires the machine gun you trigger multiple gun-firing sounds at the same time, and you get that weird effect that happens when you trigger the same sound twice, where it kinda cancels itself out and sounds all funky.

gameplay wise, I realize you're probably against this but I would personally prefer if I could reload the gun completely just by pressing a button.  I'm playing with the xbox controller, and it's a bit annoying to me because I'm trying to shoot and it doesn't shoot, so I realize it's loading one bullet every time I try to shoot, but I never really know if the next shot is going to come out because I'm too busy dodging bullets to look at the gui and see if I'm done loading bullets.  It seems to me this is all intentional, but in my opinion it detracts from the experience.

but overall a fun game, I quite like the graphics too!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic