Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383743 Posts in 66171 Topics- by 58596 Members - Latest Member: source

October 27, 2020, 01:41:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNew Indie RPG Laxius Force
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Indie RPG Laxius Force  (Read 6802 times)
Indinera
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:06:17 AM »

LAXIUS FORCE, by Indinera Falls

Overview:
Laxius Force is an old-school RPG developed for the PC and released in August 2008.
It is very length (up to 80 hours of playing), addictive (loads of secrets) and is likely to plentifully satisfy the gamers that enjoy the super NES Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest and the Genesis Phantasy Star.
In this game you will find 17 characters to play, 100+ quests to complete and up to 500+ locations to visit. Laxius Force is vastly non-linear and its replay value is big, making it somehow comparable to games like Might & Magic VI or Daggerfall - it is very unlikely even the more thorough player will find everything in their first run through.
Note: This game is a shareware (free-to-try for one hour time).

Game Summary:
Laxius Force is the story of Random, and his sexy elven girlfriend Sarah. They fought fierce demons in the past, and earnt a fame second to none. They saved people and protected town. But this belongs to the past. Random and Sarah retired and now live remotely from any form of civilisation - from peace, and love. But one morning, Random finds Sarah wondering... what has become of the outside world?
This is enough for the legendary couple to be back on tracks! What they do not know, though, is that the dreadful and dreaded Grand Commendanter hasn't wasted a single day of his time since they retired. The Order (the Grand Commendanter's cult) is readier than ever, and aiming at a big town. From this point on, confrontation cannot be avoided! War is the next step!

Download:
http://perso.monaco377.com/t_king/Laxius_Force.exe
http://www.laxiusforce.com

Screenshots:

Care to help?... How to help? Fairly Easy ^^
If you could recommend me:
 * websites and/or portals to suggest the game to
 * partnerships for my website
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:24:24 AM by Indinera » Logged

Here is my website, it's full of freeware and shareware RPG
medieval
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:24:58 AM »

Number one rule of our community:

Pimps just visiting spot after spot to sell their whores are prohibited.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »

I don't know. It looks pretty much like a rehashed RPG, and the character art is decent but not the greatest... Which an RPG can be good with bad art as long as it has a good story... but.. I don't think this game is worth paying money for... I mean the art looks like it's done with watercolor pencils and markers.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I just don't see spending any money on this... I'll give the demo a try though, I may be wrong, this is just my first impression.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »

Number one rule of our community:

Pimps just visiting spot after spot to sell their whores are prohibited.

Though it's seldom this literal.

Jeez dude, isn't the girl in the bikini cold in that frozen forest? and I have never seen a "bunny girl" class in an RPG before.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:29:56 AM »

I wasn't really impressed, it's just a standard RPGmaker game.

It doesn't even use custom RPGmaker scripts, it's just the flat system. Sorry, I just didn't like it.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »

this looks like a real-life B-game. Mainly because of the graphics.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Caio
Level 10

KAH-yoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »

* websites and/or portals to suggest the game to

NOT TIGS
Dragonmaw
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

I don't know if this is meant to be a parody or what but the writing is terrible.

Also, signing up just to pimp your game is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »

Well, I didn't want to poop on this because it would be mean, but now everyone else is doing it I have to join in. Besides, I get the feeling this guy won't be coming back any time soon.

So, should I bother downloading it for lulz? Or is it not even funny?

Indinera
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 02:10:25 AM »

I apologize for "selling my whores", I did not know about this rule, whether it is an implicit one or not.
It's true it may sound a bit rude to do things this way but it takes a lot of time to get to know a board which is kind of the heart of the problem here.
I read "independent gaming" so thought it was alright to post rightaway about my stuff - sorry about that.

As for the game itself, I'm seeing a lot of negativity here so maybe it's just not your thing.
It's an old-school RPG aimed at people who enjoy this kind of game. It does not pretend to be more than that.
Usually the strong points are the plot and gameplay. Graphics are obviously no state-of-the-art but some like it, some don't. It's got this retro feel that works with some.

Anyway thanks for opinions and don't bother with it if that's not your thing. I am likely to make another RPG in the future so if you've got suggestions regardless feel free to voice them. I may not go for them but it's always interesting discussing things and coming up with new ideas and opinions.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:21:24 AM by Indinera » Logged

Here is my website, it's full of freeware and shareware RPG
Dragonmaw
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 03:56:27 AM »

Usually the strong points are the plot and gameplay.
These are the weakest points of your game.  The writing is downright awful.  If anything, the graphics are higher quality than the rest of the game.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 04:08:16 AM »

Wait, you're actually selling this for money? WTF
Renton
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 04:27:28 AM »

As for the game itself, I'm seeing a lot of negativity here so maybe it's just not your thing.

It's an old-school RPG aimed at people who enjoy this kind of game. It does not pretend to be more than that.
As you might see if you actually take time to read some other threads instead of just barging in and trying to sell this stuff, we, at TIGSource, love RPGs.

However, your game pretends to be not more than that. It pretends to be exactly that.

Usually the strong points are the plot and gameplay.

Then this must be a very unusual game.

Graphics are obviously no state-of-the-art but some like it, some don't. It's got this retro feel that works with some.

It doesn't have "this retro feel". It has this "so lazy can't even bother actually changing the RTP Sprites" feel. And "badly photoshopped anime fan drawing" feel.

Anyway thanks for opinions and don't bother with it if that's not your thing. I am likely to make another RPG in the future so if you've got suggestions regardless feel free to voice them. I may not go for them but it's always interesting discussing things and coming up with new ideas and opinions.

As mentioned before, it is our thing, otherwise we wouldn't be this critical. You, however, should learn to accept the criticism.

Come on. You expect me to like this? No, seriously.
increpare
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 04:35:07 AM »

monster: ooooh mah nipples r sexy YEAH come touch mah monsternips
muku
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 04:43:45 AM »

:D :D :D

Epic thread. Though amongst all the bashing it has to be said that at least he took the responses semi-professionally.

The Cosyne Synthesis Engine - realtime music synthesis for games
Renton
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 04:47:30 AM »

Righteous crucifixion ftw.

I would've ditched the forums by now.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 07:48:13 AM »

Yup, this is going nowhere else than bashing. At least Indinera took it rather well, especialy since you guys really were nasty toward him. It's okay to be a tough critic but I haven't seen good criticism anywhere in this thread. Anyone wnats to discuss this PM me.

THREAD CLOSED
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:52:20 AM by Guert » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic