Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:02:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTales of Monamnamat (WIP)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Tales of Monamnamat (WIP)  (Read 23405 times)
Saker
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »

@neon : i'll mix between using old arabic art and making new one .. i'll use what i need .. it depends on the story and the objects needed to be done
increpare
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »

Trying to get the water/clouds to animated nicely would be such a fun programming/graphics project  Smiley
yes .. i think i can do something like that .. i can sperate these cloud so it can move as you said ... but my coding skills are "STUPIDASHELL" .. so if you would like to work with me on a small demo of moving clouds it would be a nice start .
Ah damnit, I'd love to, but I don't have time Cry

(also: You're from egypt?  cool: my brother-in-law is from there: I've spent the last two winters in Cairo  Cool )

The music sounds pretty cool.

I think maybe actually doing palette/colour-cycling for the clouds might be a quite effective way to animate them.  Do you have any thoughts how to animate them yourself?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:20:51 PM by increpare » Logged
Saker
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »

no problem  Beer! ... i hope i can handle it on my own

(also: You're from egypt?  cool: my brother-in-law is from there: I've spent the last two winters in Cairo  Cool )
Tongue i hope you liked it and not being ****** ** with those stupid taxi drivers  Lips Sealed

The music sounds pretty cool.

I think maybe actually doing palette/colour-cycling for the clouds might be a quite effective way to animate them.  Do you have any thoughts how to animate them yourself?
well .. i don't know how it will look like but using animated sprite for every single cloud and make it in lines ... i'll do a try on flash and post it here

increpare
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »

no problem  Beer! ... i hope i can handle it on my own
FWIW, I just try to do some colour-cycling stuff from the original images, and the result didn't make too much sense.  I think one would have to create stuff form scratch to get that effect to work.

Tongue i hope you liked it and not being ****** ** with those stupid taxi drivers 
Last time I stayed downtown so i didn't need to get many taxis at all Smiley

well .. i don't know how it will look like but using animated sprite for every single cloud and make it in lines ... i'll do a try on flash and post it here
Cool; I await your results  Smiley
Saker
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

ok.. sorry for being late guys .. just was busy with the real life ...

here is my first try to animate the clouds (am not happy with this , but at least i now know how am going to do it ) :-

here is what i did :-
i cut some tiny clouds that i think i can use to shape the final clouds (eh WTF ?)

and then mixing... (till now i made four forms ):-

and then testing them wiz flash as you see above ..
any ideas or comments ??
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:44:50 AM by Saker » Logged
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
awesome!  but i don't see any animation.  Lips Sealed

Saker
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
huh ... really ?? ... let me check .....
.... oh .. damn ... sorry .. maybe because of uploading problem ... let me re-upload it
increpare
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 01:33:28 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Ditto.  They look good, but I think you'd need a lot more small parts to construct something nicer-looking: the repeated little cloudlets are very very obviously duplicates of eachother.  Also, to many of the spirals are turning in the same direction (clockwise?).  The original was a lot more varied in that regard.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »

It gives a nice impression of depth, but the animation itself is terrible.
The ideal would be to let the clouds move by themselves within boundaries, with a very slow speed.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Saker
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »

am very busy with another project so this one will go slow till i finish the other one ...
i've decided to stroke the objects , those has a white stroke are still "not interactive" , and those has another stroke colors but white are interactive ...
this should be the start point fo the game

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:59:58 AM by Saker » Logged
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

This looks very awesome, except for the white and green strokes which I don't like.
Saker
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »

ya .. i guess i know what you mean ..
i'll try to widen the strikes and make 'em paper-like
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss
wow!! looks great!

Saker
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »

Shocked
the painter who did Noah's Ark Miniature died this year ...
Quote from: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nusret Çolpan (October 1, 1952 – May 31, 2008) was a Turkish Painter, Architect and Miniature Artist. Generally known with his paintings on ottoman miniature style depicting cities around the world, especially Istanbul. Painted over 300 miniatures in 30 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nusret_Çolpan
Cry

anyway ... after i knew that we still have Miniature painters in this world , i decided that this game will be about Nusret Çolpan , the last miniature artist..  Kiss
his gallery : http://www.minyatur.info/sergi/

now , am so excited to make this game

Edit : i found this helpful

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:03:41 AM by Saker » Logged
jango0821
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 10:59:24 AM »

Looks really good! Can't wait to see the final product! Beer!
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

This thread is solid gold.  Realy looking foward to seeing some more stuff, that mockup you did before gives me a raging stiffy.

mollagurani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »

hey i saw you people talking about miniatures of my father and asi see you are making a street fighter like game in miniature style which is great!!!

i always wanted to make adventure or side scrolling games in miniature style but dont have any programming knowledge.. we can work on something if you are interested.

i have some experience on animating miniatures for documentaries. here is a sample video on vimeo:

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 05:44:39 AM »

That is awesome beyond words. A game in that style would literally blow my mind.
increpare
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 06:21:55 AM »

That's very beautiful.  I noticed you had a very simple approach to animating the clouds (we were discussing various ways to animate them earlier on in the thread): it's an effective approach though.

What were the most difficult parts of trying to animate the miniatures for you?
mollagurani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »

the forum is more active than i expected thanks for the interest.

i had an idea for clouds in my mind but i made it in 6 days and haven't got enough time to work on clouds.

most difficult part is animating people and animals. i animate camels and birds without problems but had some problems on people. it is a matter of time. i believe better things can be done if i spend more time on this.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:55:48 PM by mollagurani » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic