Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:33:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTales of Monamnamat (WIP)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Tales of Monamnamat (WIP)  (Read 23369 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »

Gosh, it is indeed beautiful. I commend you.

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »

Wow, I loved that.

Where is Saker. You guys should collaborate  Smiley
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 12:54:22 AM »

Quote from: george
You guys should collaborate
Yes! Like now! Go make it! It looks great!

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Saker
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 12:57:57 AM »

hey i saw you people talking about miniatures of my father and as i see you are making a street fighter like game in miniature style which is great!!!

i always wanted to make adventure or side scrolling games in miniature style but dont have any programming knowledge.. we can work on something if you are interested.

i have some experience on animating miniatures for documentaries. here is a sample video on vimeo:

OH MY GOD ,.. OH MY GOD ... YOU ARE Çolpan's SON Huh?

well .. it's not a street fighter-like game , in fact .. it doesn't have anything to do with fighting ^^

i watched your video , man .. this is awesome ..  Kiss

That's very beautiful.  I noticed you had a very simple approach to animating the clouds (we were discussing various ways to animate them earlier on in the thread): it's an effective approach though.

What were the most difficult parts of trying to animate the miniatures for you?
i did this earlier :-

just if mustafa haven't seen it yet

the forum is more active than i expected thanks for the interest.

i had an idea for clouds in my mind but i made it in 6 days and haven't got enough time to work on clouds.

most difficult part is animating people and animals. i animate camels and birds without problems but had some problems on people. it is a matter of time. i believe better things can be done if i spend more time on this.
yep .. but so far ... this is awesome ... we should work together ... man

Wow, I loved that.

Where is Saker. You guys should collaborate  Smiley
am here  Tongue .. just i was far away from my computer yesterday

am happy now ^^ ...
Saker
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »

here is the deal .... there will be about ten different tales for this game ... all are inspired by the old arabian books and stories like 1001 nights and scrooges...etc .... every tale will have a set of puzzles .. and since my using to computer is limited these days and maybe for months... i'll write the tales during these months and show some of them here ...  the first tale is titled "Love and Food" Smiley.. if am lucky i will finish writing it tonight....

(also : i will update the first post now ..^_^)
increpare
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

good to hear you're keeping this in the works Smiley
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »

Hm... perhaps fading them in having them move in a single direction would work better? As if you were treating them like a particle system? The style is awesome and I like how you put the cloud shapes together, but the motion feels... weird.

kind of reminds me of okami in how it is inspired by traditional art forms

Keep up the awesome work!!
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »

I do like the clouds- it gives the impression of cutout animation. That actually wouldn't be a bad way to go for your graphics, and it would allow you to make them look really sweet.
Saker
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 07:17:48 AM »

Hm... perhaps fading them in having them move in a single direction would work better? As if you were treating them like a particle system? The style is awesome and I like how you put the cloud shapes together, but the motion feels... weird.

kind of reminds me of okami in how it is inspired by traditional art forms

Keep up the awesome work!!

still haven't decided how i should animate them .. for now .. i'll just put my focus on the story ... but i'll try your idea
I do like the clouds- it gives the impression of cutout animation. That actually wouldn't be a bad way to go for your graphics, and it would allow you to make them look really sweet.
i hope so ... and with some shading would look better ^^

ok guys am still  working on the gameplay ..it will be kinda finding objects and using 'em to solve the puzzles  ...

EDIT : WHAT THE FUCK Huh? ? i found an israeli site talking about the islamic art Huh? ... oh shit .. am confused ... what the hell are they doing ? :/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:28:42 AM by SâKéR » Logged
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »

ok guys am still  working on the gameplay ..it will be kinda finding objects and using 'em to solve the puzzles  ...
You mean like a point & click adventure (sam & max, day of the tentacle, grim fandango)? Cause that would be pretty sweet. I could also see it being really cool as a platformer, though the animation would would obviously be complex.

EDIT : WHAT THE FUCK Huh? ? i found an israeli site talking about the islamic art Huh? ... oh shit .. am confused ... what the hell are they doing ? :/
Now I'm confused too... I can see it being surprising considering the... hm let's call it cultural dissonance, but is there some other reason they wouldn't/shouldn't about Islamic art?
Saker
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 05:53:21 AM »

You mean like a point & click adventure (sam & max, day of the tentacle, grim fandango)? Cause that would be pretty sweet. I could also see it being really cool as a platformer, though the animation would would obviously be complex.
yep .. exactly .. i found an indie game that is close to what i'm going to do .. the game is called "the tales of Bingwood" .... looks like they were thinking in the same thing  Tears of Joy

Now I'm confused too... I can see it being surprising considering the... hm let's call it cultural dissonance, but is there some other reason they wouldn't/shouldn't about Islamic art?
well ... i didn't mean they shouldn't talk about islamic art  .. but i'm confused because at the same time they are trying to destroy alaqsa mosque (and many other islamic places) which is one of the marks in the islamic art and architecture  Undecided ... i don't know if the media in your country is showing this .. but here in the middle east ... we saw the true face of israel   Lips Sealed ...
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »

yep .. exactly .. i found an indie game that is close to what i'm going to do .. the game is called "the tales of Bingwood" .... looks like they were thinking in the same thing  Tears of Joy
Oh wow, I've never seen that before. Their characters look quite charming.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to your game man!

As far as the Israeli site about Islamic art: Okay I can see how that would be surprising in that case. I'm sure that there are groups on both sides that can still appreciate each others culture, even through the animosity and violence.
Saker
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »

Oh wow, I've never seen that before. Their characters look quite charming.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to your game man!
yeah ... this bingwood game is awesome ... Smiley

As far as the Israeli site about Islamic art: Okay I can see how that would be surprising in that case. I'm sure that there are groups on both sides that can still appreciate each others culture, even through the animosity and violence.
well ... it's more complicated than u think .. but yes and no , for me as a muslim i hate to be racist and hate all the jews just because they r jews as i hate to be treated like a terrorist just because am a muslim ... but also this doesn't mean i don't hate israel .. i hate isreal as well as i hate the egyptian government  Huh? .. mmm .. Sad
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »

Not everyone in Israel subscribes to the government's doings.

Saker
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 06:05:21 AM »

damn >< ... This thread is going in a wrong direction .. i'll just stop talking about israel now .....
here is something more related to the topic :-
English version from the Arabian nights
since am not very good at english ... this version well help me writing the tale for this game ... i need some help on writing the dialogues .. so if anybody wanna do this .. please contact me ...Beer! 
Wink

increpare
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 06:32:04 AM »

damn >< ... This thread is going in a wrong direction .. i'll just stop talking about israel now .....
here is something more related to the topic :-
English version from the Arabian nights
since am not very good at english ... this version well help me writing the tale for this game ... i need some help on writing the dialogues .. so if anybody wanna do this .. please contact me ...Beer! 
Wink
I'd certainly love to help Smiley  I love folklore, and have never had a chance to look at the Arabian nights stories in detail Smiley
Saker
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »

I'd certainly love to help Smiley  I love folklore, and have never had a chance to look at the Arabian nights stories in detail Smiley
wow ... that's cool ....i'm sure u will like it ... i hope to finish the first tale "Love and Food" sooner .. so .. as soon as i finish it .. i'll send it to u ... so we can work it out together ... thanks man ^^ Beer!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:57:42 AM by SâKéR » Logged
Saker
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »

another mockup ... i know the clouds are crappy ... i'll change it
Saker
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »

here's somthin i got a while ago from mustafa
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

Kiss

very nice, but it seems like his whole body is getting bigger and then smaller again as he runs.   Huh?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic