Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:23:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Stage Design
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Stage Design  (Read 181105 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »

As said, don't worry. The plans for the Iji stage are complete (I believe). We'll get to it.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: July 02, 2010, 08:37:52 AM »

As said, don't worry. The plans for the Iji stage are complete (I believe). We'll get to it.
Actually, I've been wanting to start on the fore ground for Iji for a while now, But I just can't decide the right size (as I barely make stage-sized pixel art). I'll get working on it as soon as I have a good size.
MaloEspada
« Reply #782 on: July 02, 2010, 09:18:11 AM »

Wow wow WOW. Dude. We MUST make an Iji stage. Didn't you listen to the music ? I'll kill myself if it's not included (and you wouldn't want to have that on your conscience, would you ?)

Tongue oh, yeah I forgot about that hahah.

So Indie Brawl will have one stage per character..?
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 02, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »

So Indie Brawl will have one stage per character..?
nope. when i asked "*silly face* hey guys will Reimu and Spelunker have stages Tongue?" Soulli said "no, characters will have stages only if they have memorable places on their games. gensokyo is lame and spelunky worlds are random-caveish generated."

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
MaloEspada
« Reply #784 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:44 AM »

I believe every stage can be interesting depending on how much effort you put into it, but that's ok then.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: July 02, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »

If you're going to spend a certain amount of time on a stage, though, would you rather it be a Liero stage or a World of Goo stage? Sure, a Liero stage could be fun, but Liero's dirt and rocks aren't exactly evocative, and the game is already getting plenty of representation. While World of Goo's graphics and locations are delightful, and the only other representation it is getting is a single item.

Ryavis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 02, 2010, 01:25:44 PM »

A Liero stage would only be cool if you could dig through the dirt like in the actual Liero. And for that to not look weird you would have to add all kinds of new anims, and it would create uneven battlefields that aren't very appropriate for a game like this, and so on.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 02, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »

a liero stage will need to be based on tiny little cubes and some solid platforms to prevent total destruction. but anyway about the gensokyo-touhou stage it can be like this (i didn't do the image btw):

something big (like bonesaw stage) with different kinds of platfomrs and a mix of places.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: July 02, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

The point of my previous post is that a Liero stage is not worth the effort, and neither is a Touhou stage. That last image proves once again that the focus of the series is on the characters.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 03, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »

hey i was thinking of the GGC stage yesterday and i think it'll be pretty interesting.

the building moves to the sides and the gnome is on the top. he drops down after some time and if an elf appears he throws explosive blocks instantly (if you touch the ground the gnome throws you explosive blocks too!). that way the stage will be very fun to play, don't you think?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: July 03, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

I'm not sure exactly how the stage you're envisioning would play out, based on your description. But it seems more like you're trying to pigeonhole GGC into Indie Brawl rather than trying to determine what the best idea for a stage would be.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 04, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »

Frikman reminds me of a typical "hey I only logged in so that I can put in my ideas" chap, which I've had to deal with on several occasions. The only difference is that his ideas are only slightly better than other ideas I've had to deal with. (I remember one guy on a different forum who wanted Ace Ventura put into a different SSB-style game. Effing retard.)
With that said, Frik, I think I already had a fine idea for the GGC level, but as Soulliard said, the game simply isn't flashy enough graphics-wise for a stage. However, in time, we will desperately need an Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet level.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 04, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

oh god i didn't wanted to give that impression. i'm planing to create a game in a future (ya rly. gory game with a creepy guy controlling minds or something related to a toast) but for now i think it's pointless go to other sides of the forum or do something else than just suggesting stuff (i suck at graphics and know anything about creating music) so what else can i do? anyway, if that's the case with the GGC stage there's nothing i can do about it. pretty sad considering it was a cool and fun game :/

his ideas are only slightly better than other ideas I've had to deal with
wow thanks about that. it makes me feel less dumb so i appreciate it Smiley

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: July 04, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

Frikman's problem is that he doesn't use any sort of punctuation or spell-check. People see the mess of words and then are already biased against what he says. Typing properly would make him seem smarter, and make his ideas seem better, even though it's really just... (I can't think of a good way to phrase it. Some sort of psychological thing.)
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: July 04, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »

It doesn't change the fact that some ideas just aren't all that great. GGC may be a great game, but it doesn't translate very well to IB. IB is not supposed to be the definitive list of which indie games are good- it is closer to the definitive list of which indie games could be combined into a fun fighting game.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 05, 2010, 01:33:38 AM »

They see the outward appearance of someone who is not intelligent (since you don't have good spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.) and thus immediately presume that your ideas aren't either. Appearance means a lot.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 05, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »

They see the outward appearance of someone who is not intelligent (since you don't have good spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.) and thus immediately presume that your ideas aren't either. Appearance means a lot.
well that shows you how good's the education down here. even if i watch a lot of english videos on youtube i still have to learn a lot of things and rules about the english, and even if i learn them some things can't be translated easily Shrug
It doesn't change the fact that some ideas just aren't all that great. GGC may be a great game, but it doesn't translate very well to IB. IB is not supposed to be the definitive list of which indie games are good- it is closer to the definitive list of which indie games could be combined into a fun fighting game.
ok -.-

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: July 05, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

Well that shows you how good's the education is down here. Even if I watch a lot of english videos on youtube, I still have to learn a lot of things and rules about the English. [Or "the English language."] and Even if I do learn them, some things can't be translated easily. Shrug

Your spelling is fine here. Capitals at the beginning of sentences and on lone I's. Read out your sentence and if you have a slight pause at one point while reading, put a comma there. A few things can be improved with run-on sentences and some wording, but thats more complicated, and just the capitals will be plenty.

Hope that helps.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 05, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »

Yes, the main problem is your capitalization.
MaloEspada
« Reply #799 on: July 06, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »

hey i can talk like this and look smart, no?

i mean, look at phil fish. look at the damn fish.

he talks like this.

or like this.

not saying he is smart but, it's not like we call him dumb.

the secret is: try not to make your post look like a wall of text.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic