Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:06:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTIGSource Devlog Magazine!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Devlog Magazine!  (Read 72806 times)
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »

Having no time to keep doing those at the moment, I instead launched a blog with a very similar goal - check out GameSquares!

I'll be covering games from TigSource mostly, but also IndieDB, Tumblr, Twitter, and a variety of sources. Hope you guys enjoy it, and I hope it grows enough to give your devlog games more visibility. Cheers!
 Toast Left Smiley

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »

This is great Dom2d! Thanks for posting Vagante, really appreciate your work
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »

A blog is just as good! Smiley It's in my reader now.

Rayiner
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2014, 02:51:57 AM »

That's really amazing blog that I've been waiting for.
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2014, 03:10:40 PM »

As you know, Dom2D doesn't have enough time on his hands to work on the Devlog Magazine atm (by the way, you should follow his new blog, GameSquares, it rocks!).

The work he did has been amazing, and it really helped giving the games on these boards much, much more exposure. I think letting the TIGSource Devlog Magazine die like this is a pity.

Long story short, I PMed Dom to ask him if he was fine with me using his design and he, being the cool guy he is, accepted.

Which is great, for that means I can solely focus on bringing a new issue of the TIGSource Devlog Magazine to you, like... NAO  My Word!

Putting this issue together was an amazing experience as I delved into tons of devlogs I never had the time to check before. At the end of this process, I was left speechless by all the incredible games you guys are putting together with so much dedication.

You guys are truly amazing.

Please help these terrific games by following their devlogs and developers and by casting your vote on Steam Greenlight (you'll find links below!). Also, Heartn & Slash is currently live on Kickstarter: do check its campaign and pledge if you like what you see.

Here are all the 21 games from TIGSource Devlog Magazine # 15:

Until next time!

PS: Feedback of any kind very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:28:59 AM by Bandreus » Logged

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »

Such awesome stuff here. TIGs you rock, and Bandreus - good work!

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »

I really appreciate this. I don't have as much time to peruse the forums as I used to (new day job + side project), so a digest like this is pretty great.

peterc_nz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »

Wow thanks for including Mini Metro in the magazine! Looks weird having our game sitting next to all those amazing games, hah. Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »

First time checking this thread out. Is there a PDF or something, or just the links to the various devlogs?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »

Nope, no PDF, just that single image to pump up awareness about the devlogs.

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »

This is fantastic Bandreus. Although Dom2D is working on GameSquares, i missed the TigSource Magazine. Glad you picked it up Smiley

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »

Just want to say many thanks to Bandreus for reviving the devlog magazine (and for including Relativity)!

Development can be pretty overwhelming, and I haven't had as much time to browse different devlogs. This is a really great way to get an overview of a bunch of different games.

Found out about Lift through this, and just starting to go through their devlog now.

wearepinata
Level 0

Piñata Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »

Thanks Bandreus! Totally made our day to see Spell Team Death Match included in the mag alongside so many other titles we've been reading about Smiley

Piñata Games
Facebook // Twitter

We made Tamak and Magnetix
Juan Raigada
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2014, 12:15:33 AM »

Thanks for including Heart&Slash!!!

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2014, 01:53:59 AM »

Thanks for including forma.8! Hope to update the devlog more! Smiley

Cofounder of MixedBag
Twitter:@MixedBagGames
Launched: Futuridium EP Deluxe for PS4 / PSVita
Working on: forma.8
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:58 AM »

@eigenbom @peterc_nz @Christian @TiagoBinaryPig @WillyChyr @wearepinata @JuanRaigada @Skyrise

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! I've been working hard on the Devlog's Zine and seeing the positive response is both thrilling and inspiring. Hope I can keep churning out new issues which are up to your expectation Smiley

To the devs whose games were featured in the magazine. Please let me know if I missed any contact info (i.e. website url etc.) and I'll update it ASAP.

And devs whose games were not picked. I'm so, so sorry! The amount of awesomeness in these boards is simply overwhelming. I would had liked to include each end everyone of your games. Actually choosing which ones went in and which ones didn't really was a painful process.

I'd also like to publicly thank RoRo, who penned a depiction of Bandreus which is several times nicer looking than the original. You rock!

And, obviously, thanks again to Dom2D for being awesome and creating the TIGSource Devlog Magazine in the first place!

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »

Oh yes, i'm happy that you continue this wonderful little zine. tasty  Hand Fork Left

dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:47 AM »

didn't know this was a thing, but looks awesome Kiss

it's a lovely idea and execution, glad to see it lives.
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2014, 04:02:31 AM »

WOOPS! Only now realized Issue #14 was already released months ago on Venus Patrol  Embarrassed

Sorry about that! No more issues were released by Dom2D anywhere on the internet as far as I am now aware of.

I updated the latest one to be #15. Additionally, since I was at it, I upped the image quality quite a bit for crispier pixels. Please let me know if you think the 160% file size is worth it. Here, you can compare the two: old one (JPEG quality lvl 8, ~350KB) vs. new one (JPEG quality lvl 10, ~561KB).

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2014, 04:43:06 AM »

That looks really great Bandreus, super job for reviving it  Gentleman

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic