Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 11:48:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShoe String Shooter... apply to your forehead...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shoe String Shooter... apply to your forehead...  (Read 886 times)
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »

I have decided to opena a devlog for Shoe String Shooter(My game!) in order to get help from the communtiy(aka you).

I want, with the help of you guys, to design a first goal for my game. The first goal would be for the game to reach a state in which people can feel like it's a complete game that they can play and enjoy.
After I reach this first goal I can continue developing, but I want people to be able to start playing it without worrying about when it will be finished.

So what do I need to have a game?

Well Shoe String Shooter is an FPS game. The direction I have decided to take is of a multiplayer game. Currently death match, but it could be other things.
But in any case, it's a real time multiplayer FPS so you probably don't want characters to be able to play chess in the middle of the game(or do you?)

I have plenty ideas for cool stuff to do, but I want to design something that I can focus and complete.

Ok, so what we have so far...
We have a death match. Basically a few people connect to a server, many clients one server.
The server simulates the world, and players run around shooting each other until they kill each other.
Typical death match.

There are bullet balistics, hence the bullets take time to reach the target(they are not one frame rays). There is gravity and you can fall from higher places to lower ones.
The gun only available weapon is a rifle with unlimited auto fire. It takes about 10 hits to kill someone.
There is also recoil for the gun.

That's basically it.

What do I need to have a "complete game"?
Let's say, a few maps? a few game modes(on the same maps)?
How many maps? 4?
How many game modes?

Possible ideas, have traps and spy vs spy stuff. Like putting cameras and trap wires.
There is also a possiblity to do something with Android, since I am porting the game for the Android.

Ok, I think that's enough for now. Please discuss and help me decide. Thanks <3

p.s., the game on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/shoe-string-shooter

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »

I am going to write the first goal of SSS to become a playable game.

4 maps: 1 small, 2 medium and 1 large.
2 weapons: machine gun and rocket launcher.
4 play modes: Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, CTF, Tough guy.

The more technical side:
I need a meta server to find matchs.
Menus\GUI.
Drop Android support for now.
Attempt to support DX9 GPUs

Thats about it.

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »

Here is a shot gun test video.
What do you think of bullet speed? smoke? sound? and how to make it look\feel better?

Master of all trades.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic