Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:18:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Creator Permissions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Creator Permissions  (Read 115549 times)
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 11:23:41 PM »

i don't think anyone's suggesting that it's a first priority.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:41 AM »

Well, I like trophies as much as the next guy. I always finish a session on SSBB by reading the descriptions of all the new trophies I've acquired. When I said they were a bad idea, I meant they were a bad idea for now. I really don't want this project to fall about through overambitiousness. I don't believe that it will, but it will if we let it.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2008, 01:28:24 AM »

Actually trophies is a great idea, but we need to even get to the point where we can actually think about implementing them...  Undecided

But I really like the idea of giving background information to the characters ingame. Like their creators, the name of the game they're from, when it was released and maybe a short excerpt of what it's about and why it's great.
Nice suggestion, Annabelle ! Beer!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
The-Imp
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 12:01:43 PM »

This is a stupid post, ignore it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:04:59 PM by Crazy4Fez » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 12:05:27 PM »

I don't really understand what you're asking. The kid isn't even a confirmed character.

The-Imp
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »

I really didn't read much of the first post...

I think I should do that...
medieval
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 02:20:58 AM »

OMAGAWD OMAGAWD EDMUND SAID YES OMAGAAAAAWWWD
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 12:16:16 AM »

I sent the following message to jazzuo on his Youtube account (it was the only way I could find to contact him).

Hi,

I'm a big fan of your games, especially Sexy Hiking. Recently on the Tigsource forums a lot of people have been working together to develop a game called Indie Brawl. It's basically like Super Smash Bros with characters from indie games. One of the characters we're hoping to include is the hero of Sexy Hiking. Some people were also talking about a level based on Hermies. Of course we want to ask permission from all the creators to let us use their characters in the game. So... will you let us use Sexy Hiker, and maybe Hermies? You can see the main thread here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2314.0
And someone made a mockup of what Sexy Hiker would look like here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2534.msg63853#msg63853

Thanks
Chutup

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »

And I got this response:
100 percent

i ll be honored. And when you finish i will make a game based on yours one. But you will probably have to rip the sexy hiker your self i have no longer the files to this game.
Awesome! :D

medieval
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 04:18:24 AM »

It is ON!!!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 05:02:19 AM »

I've contacted Tales of Games, Nic Destefano and cactus. Still working myself up to sending an email to Yahtzee  :D

Also, I can't find any contact details for Joosa Riekkinen. If anybody knows...?

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »

Heh, cactus already got back to me. Says Clean Asia is OK, but he's not sure about BDTUW since he might be finding a publisher. So we'll see. He also recommended Shotgun Ninja as a character, which is not a bad idea... *footstep noises receding*

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 07:44:08 AM »

Still working myself up to sending an email to Yahtzee  :D
Oh, I'll just do it.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »

It's not like he never receives stupid emails.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »

I know, but I just feel like no matter what I write, he'll be sitting there finding all these flaws in it  Cry

Gnarf
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:15 AM »

Because that's like his job or something.

Just write everything in caps and get it over with.
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008, 09:12:24 AM »

Wow, so you guys are actually following through with this project? Cool. (I remember being around when the idea was first introduced, but then I left for a while)
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

One thing that just occurred to me; are we getting permission to use remixes of the music from the respective games along with the character permissions? Because we should probably do that as well.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:43 AM »

One thing that just occurred to me; are we getting permission to use remixes of the music from the respective games along with the character permissions? Because we should probably do that as well.
Huh, I never thought of that. Yeah, I'm sure they probably wouldn't mind, but it'd be best to check anyway.

(btw, great to see another Achewood fan on here. : D)
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »

It's definitely worth checking. There will also be cases where the music was created by someone other than the game's creator, so we'll have to get in touch with them. Then there are games like Knytt, where the music was contributed by several different people, so we'll need to know which areas we're planning to use as levels. Gets pretty complicated, huh?

(btw, great to see another Achewood fan on here. : D)

Likewise!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic