Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:36:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Creator Permissions
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Creator Permissions  (Read 115459 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »

Cave Story's permission was denied, most likely due to the Wii port. Either Nicalis owns the rights to Cave Story, or Pixel owns the rights but did not want the content included.

N is, to my knowledge, still owned by Metanet. If it turns out that they no longer own the rights, though, then we would have to ask whatever company currently owns them.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »

so we got 2 options about quote and Cave Story:
1)Nintendo/Nicalis has the rights and it doesn't matter how many times we insit they're gonna say "no, no permission for you".
the funny thing about this is that Nintendo gives a fuck if fans or other guys do games/forums/stuff with their characters and games because they know they can't stop that.
2)Pixel owns the rights and for some reason he doesn't want us to have any Cave Story stuff on game.
this is, by far, the best posibility. maybe the day somebody sent him the email he wasn't on a good mood but maybe he is now. maybe if we send him an email now he'll say "今引用符を使用することができます" wich means "you can use quote now".
shall we send him an email or something O.O?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
MaloEspada
« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

Dude, there are ZERO options for Quote. A lot of people have tried contacting Nicalis and Pixel about the issue, it's a no-no situation. They denied permission. If you keep insisting, they'll keep denying.

Nicalis owns the rights so it's not up to Pixel's approval.

Also, it's not up to Nintendo. IT'S ALL ABOUT NICALIS. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about Quote appearing here or there.

Stop talking about Quote in IB. It won't happen, at least not in the current situation. Move on, for God's sake.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »

Frikman, I don't think you really understand the concept of Intellectual Property. Nicalis said we are not allowed to use IP from Cave Story, so we can't legally use it.

And this was not the result of a single email. The refusal came after a number of emails and IM conversations.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2010, 04:27:29 PM »

And this was not the result of a single email. The refusal came after a number of emails and IM conversations.
wow i didn't even imagined something like that. my mind says "let Quote go if you love him" but my heart say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". i guess we all think like that, right guys Tears of Joy?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »

Nicalis said we are not allowed to use IP from Cave Story

lolwut?

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: July 02, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »

IP= Intellectual Property.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »

haha, that makes more sense.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: July 02, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »

Cheesy

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: July 04, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »

They're pretty much the same game anyways. Grin
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 05, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

They're pretty much the same game anyways. Grin
Except that Underside takes itself even less seriously. When that game is finished, I want some NPC to say something about a story about caves.
Tye The Czar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 21, 2010, 04:23:17 AM »

Frikman, I don't think you really understand the concept of Intellectual Property. Nicalis said we are not allowed to use IP from Cave Story, so we can't legally use it.

Well, since the worst has happened, we just ought to get permission for Ip from The Underside, since he's basically a parody of Quote through-and-through.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: July 21, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »

Ip is pretty distinct from Quote. He'll likely be added once The Underside is finished, but he will not be a Quote clone.

NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

I hereby grant blanket permission for the use of anything from my games for the purposes of Indie Brawl. Gentleman

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
Jamezila
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

Whoops, randomly came across this and, just in case it's still on the table, I'd love to see The Dishwasher in Indie Brawl. 

Otherwise, sorry for bumping a defunct thread!

Lead Dishwasher
Ska Studios
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »

This thread isn't defunct. It just hasn't been updated recently.  Smiley

I'd like to see The Dishwasher in IB, too. In fact, I think he's a good enough character to make the main roster.

Unfortunately, I don't have an XBox. Since I haven't played the game, I can't work on a movelist for him. But if you have any suggestions for moves, post them in the Main Characters thread. If there's enough support, he could be the next character on the roster.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic