Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:47:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTemporus, 2D Sci-Fi Platformer / SHMUP
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Temporus, 2D Sci-Fi Platformer / SHMUP  (Read 11606 times)
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »

Looks promising.

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 12:50:14 AM »

Looks promising!

I saw it on kickstarter and will follow it for sure.
I just hope that the ship sequences wont be too difficult and a blocker.

Keep it up!

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »

New lighting is totally awesome Smiley can you tell me what is your technique for it? My programmer and I are struggling with the right approach for lighting in Stencyl and we're searching for a good way to achieve it. Is it something trivial or is it exclusive for your engine?

Props to your artists, the pixel art looks cool.

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »

@ s-spooky g-g-ghosts

You have to use overlapping pngs and multiplying layers as far as i know when using Stencyl (which is not optimal at all). Let me know when you find a way though!

firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

If you are using a custom engine, usually what developer do is to overlay sprites and use a grid. So each grid section is a tile. using distance from center tile you overlay differently diffused lighting tiles. This is truly the best way because you now do logic based lighting, since you know every tile in the light grid. Like not lighting the ground. or multiplying the light over another. The other solution is OOTB solutions like Unity or Extensions for Gamemaker.

firebelly - developer
firebelly studios ::: temporus ::: firebelly ::: twitter
firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

Quick update, we posted a new campaign update today. If you are interested, please check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus/posts/897472

We are still working on Steam Greenlight, getting REALLY close.

Check it out! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=275047536

firebelly - developer
firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »

We're doing an AMA for the next few days over here (reddit).

firebelly - developer
firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »

So last week we were Greenlit on Steam! We are still moving too slow on Kickstarter though.

We might miss out on this stuff.

firebelly - developer
firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2014, 10:28:39 AM »

Hey everyone, if you want to see some work in progress, check out this link:

This video features Scut Fabulous doing some time lapse sketching of a new ship room.

Also WE ARE NEARING THE LAST 24 HOURS OF OUR KICKSTARTER: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus

If you can help spread the word, we would be very thankful!

firebelly - developer
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »

Looking forward to seeing more of those drop ship type things!

firebelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:35 PM »

Hey yall! I'm still here. Beer! Took a break from life and everything. Was sick for a while and then RL work took it's toll on my free time. Anyway....Here are some random screenshots I've been working on.

Been trying to kick things into a higher gear. I finally set up a solid work flow for builds and github, so I can finally really track issues, bugs, milestones and features. The tile workflow is locked in and it's super easy to move from Tiled->Tiled2Unity->Unity. This was a life saver, as you can create prefabs from the outputs, so I just change something in Tiled, and export it into Unity and all the levels will update accordingly. Huge shout out to the owners of both tools.  Kiss

I'm shaping up dialog and the first 5 minutes of play for a tech demo to send to the original backers, so I'm hoping to get that out soon.

The shooter hasn't had much love yet, but the shooter engine is mostly done. I need to add more enemies and get some more laser love.

Here's the main bridge. You will talk to the crew here to get info on what's going on.

This is just a landing zone on the first encounter. This is a Relay Station, which houses a super computer that manages the link between other relays. It creates a quantum web of ftl comms.

Also had pete make up some smaller bosses for the platformer levels. Here's a sample animation.
This is a simple military artillery. Usually just behind the infantry as a fast siege weapon.

To everyone who is upset I haven't talked much, I really apologize. I let life get in the way of my work. So this me letting you know I'm still at it.  Hand Metal Left Gomez Hand Metal Right

firebelly - developer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic