Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:45:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignStealth games
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Stealth games  (Read 12000 times)
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:33 AM »

believe or not i got bored and drew chameleon designs (oops) shall i post them when my scanners fixed... Huh?

DO THE R.O.B!
Seth
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »

Has anybody ever made a ninja platformer that actually focuses on, you know, stealth?
Xenophobe
Level 0

wat fk

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »

Not a very serious one, but yes.
http://tigsource.com/articles/2008/06/26/super-secret-ninja
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:07 PM »

Tenchu isn't exactly a platformer but it is very stealthy.

tufetuf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »

I'm sure everyone has heard of it, but Nikujin is a great (& free!) ninja game.  You can stealth your way through many levels, but there's some points you have to kill the guards to get through.  Really the emphasis of the game is assassination.  You can one-hit any guard if you surprise attack them, but it will take several hits if they see you first.

http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/06/11/nikujin

As far as creation of a stealth platformer, I'm not much help.  Just starting out...
Renton
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

Well, Nikujin isn't exactly much of a stealth game. There are some parts that require some basic stealth, but in essence, it's really just an acrobatic stunt game.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »

Well, you actually have to remain undetected by some enemies in order to beat the game. Stealth-stabbing people in the head is stealth too!

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Renton
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »

Hence, the "parts that require some basic stealth". Nevertheless, fun and challenging game. Took me a long time to finish, then again, I've never been one to easily master pogo-ing with your sword on top of enemy heads.
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »

The Commandos series was good, though 3 was disappointingly short and Strike Force was dodgy, though not dreadful. Despite being seen as a total ripoff of the series, I thought the first Desperados was great, and it's a shame the second one turned out to be a bit of a mess. Haven't bothered to try and find the new one anywhere.

On the subject of chameleon games, there was an Atari ST platformer/puzzler called Colour Clash. Best bit of the game was the support shareware screen that had pigs sliding down a slope and a crocodile waiting to catch them in its mouth, but the game itself was pretty good too. There was a PC remake made a while ago, no pigs and crocodile bit but otherwise mostly intact. Colour changing just changes abilities though, no stealth purpose to it, so count me amongst those who'd like to see that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic