Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 04:56:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Work[PROFITS] Patchwork Battles is looking for a 2D Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PROFITS] Patchwork Battles is looking for a 2D Artist  (Read 776 times)
Toys
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »

Hi TIGSource Community! A game project I started a little over a year ago is in need of a "reboot". For various reasons, the team I was working with on it dissolved. Life gets in the way sometimes, I suppose. Now that the dust has settled, I'd like to get back to focusing on Patchwork Battles!

Project Name
Patchwork Battles

Target Platforms
iPhone, Android, PC (Steam)

Game Description
Patchwork Battles is a game unlike anything you’ve seen before. Enter a world where you control and battle mimics – animated beings made from a patchwork of cloth, tinfoil, and leather.

A moving storyline, unique character and battle systems, and gorgeous graphics make this ambitious game a feast for the eyes and a wonderfully deep experience for the casual and hardcore gamer alike.

• Graphics that look like a crafting table come to life:  Enjoy a visual showcase of moving kinetic background art and characters that look made from life-like crafting materials.
  • Your choices define your class, not the other way around: Want to play a fire-balling slinging rogue or a warrior who can pinch heal? Create your own classes with a unique customization system that lets you mix and match body parts from different mimics.
  • Reactionary Battle System (RBS): Patchwork Battle adds a new phase of reaction-based interrupts to the classic “move and act” battle systems of other RPGs. Dodge, counterattack, parry, or counterspell to thwart your opponent’s actions. Or apply reactionary buffs to make your allies better.
  • Moving storyline: Woven into the Patchwork Battles campaign is the moving story of a young man questing to make his father proud, as told through the pages of an animated storybook.
  • Battle against friends: Patchwork Battles also offers competitive multiplayer, where players can challenge others to see whose self-crafted mimics and mastery of the RBS reigns supreme.

You can find some more information (and screen shots!) here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125560&highlight=Patchwork+Battles
http://www.ayopagames.com/games/patchwork-battles/

State of the Project
So, as mentioned briefly in my introduction, Patchwork Battles has been a work in progress for a little over a year now. There was once a team of 3 guys (Myself (design and dev), Artist, and Developer) working on it. During this time we were able to secure ourselves a publishing contract with Ayopa Games. We have a large set of assets already created, however I'd like to move away from our current way of doing things and into something a bit smaller and more manageable.

I was working as a developer, and a full time game designer, on this project. With a newborn at home, I've realized this is way too much work for me to take on. For this next iteration, I will be working only as the game designer so I can give it the time it requires and not be the bottleneck in progress Smiley

Current Team
Ayopa Games. Publisher, helps with game design.
Myself (Jason LaChapelle). Designer

Who Am I Looking For?
I'm looking for people who are enthusiastic about what they do, and about Patchwork Battles. They should be willing to get the job done but not take life too seriously (this is about fun, right?!). As for specifics, you can find that below.

2D Artist: Looking for a 2D artist to take over all the art duties, including characters, monsters, environments, ui, etc. The art style has already decided on (can provide) and a lot of the elements of each character, class, and monster have been designed already. Most of this really just requires creating the art, and animating the sprites (where required). If this turns out to be too much for one person, I'd be willing to take on two artists.  Ideally, the artist would have at least a familiarity with 2D skeletal animations. Something like Smoth Moves for Unity. Actual animation creation is NOT required, though it is a plus.

Unity Developer: Looking for a developer to take over all (most) of the coding responsibilities. I will be able to provide design (high level game design, and low level code design where required). I will also be able to help write code where my time permits. I am NOT looking for a Unity guru here. Someone fresh out of school (or still in college!) who's looking for a project to get their feet wet on would be fine. All I ask is that you have actual coding experience and can work semi-quickly Smiley

Finances
Unfortunately, due to current life circumstances and funds being "lost" in the last iteration, I don't have much money to offer up front. I  am, however, willing to offer pretty good sized profit shares.

Why would you want to profit share with someone you don't know? Good question, and my answer would be because you believe in the game, and the idea. I can say that Patchwork Battles has been *LOVED* by everyone who has seen the art, heard the story, etc. Media at GDC loved it, our publisher LOVES it, Apple loves it (I can back up this statement, too Tongue). The art style, the concept, they have a high chance of success. All you gotta do is believe (and, you know, maybe do some work too Tongue).

If you're interested in helping us out, please shoot me a PM here or send me an email to jaylach at gmail dot com ([email protected]). I look forward to hearing from you.. thanks!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic