Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:55:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignMini game Mania...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Mini game Mania...  (Read 9813 times)
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 02:45:46 AM »

I dunno what it is but i just thought to myself one day, wouldn't it be interesting if indie developers (you and me) got together to make a collection of mini games in the same kind of style as Wario ware, or rhythm tengoku. You know a collection of games to play and enjoy, a fabulous way of sharing those games which only take a couple of minutes/seconds to beat.

This was just an idea, post your opinion on whether you like this idea, want to take part or absolutely hate it. Sad

DO THE R.O.B!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:50:38 AM »

I would totally take part in this if the games were as short as Warioware. The hard part would be getting them all into the one game, due to different programming languages/programs. You would have to make it so people could only work in a certain format (GAME MAKER PLZ).

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 02:56:09 AM »

I am a game maker user so that was probably the way i was heading, but it can be downloaded freeware and if people want to contribute they could always download the free version, even if they don't want to i'm sure we could find other ways around the problem. Wink

DO THE R.O.B!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »

fun idea

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »

I like the idea, but getting everyone to agree on a development tool might be tricky...

I think the games might be more interesting if they were a little longer than warioware length though. Something a bit like the 100 in 1 klik and play pirate cart would be a much more enjoyable group project (for me, at least).

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

I like the idea, but getting everyone to agree on a development tool might be tricky...

I think the games might be more interesting if they were a little longer than warioware length though. Something a bit like the 100 in 1 klik and play pirate cart would be a much more enjoyable group project (for me, at least).

How about using the same sprites of Indie Brawl, for say...a 2D brawler+platform game? hell, it could be like a "story mode or whatever".

Also, in Snk vs Capcom for NGpocket (one of the greatest fighting games ever) they had a neat system of minigames, using the characters in the same game.
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »

i never said you had to use the same program or the same length for each game.
Mini platformers are acceptable, you could have an arcade type game if you wanted.

DO THE R.O.B!
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »

I'd very much enjoy the WarioWare idea. Smiley
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »

Wario ware compo!

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 02:23:35 AM »

I'd enjoy more a collection of games that are small, but not 'mini'. Like mske a huge compo 'make a small game with something', but wait that everyone has got their entries ready and then put the results together as a collection.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 02:59:21 AM »

WarioWare && one button games

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:43:01 PM »

im letting you all give ideas...

DO THE R.O.B!
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:49 PM »

Not me. I took an idea.
Actually I was inspired to resurrect an old project, but this thread gave me the idea to resurrect it.
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »

silly man
 :D

DO THE R.O.B!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »

Eh... once you get away from the Warioware style, it just becomes another compo. I really liked the idea of a warioware clone where every microgame was made by a different person.

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:35 AM »

i think it has the potential for an interesting compo but hey i like the idea of mini game sets as a game, i already have some ideas....

DO THE R.O.B!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 02:53:36 AM »

I suppose I could chip in some games.  Most of the stuff I make is just little mini-game demos anyway.

How about each person just develop a prototype in whatever too they want, then we can have a handful of dedicated coders recreate everything in one package?  The person that made the original can supply all the art/sound/whatever they used to create it.

As long as each one isn't terribly complex (which I'm guessing is the point) then it shouldn't be too hard to recreate it.

tweet tweet @j_younger
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 09:14:26 AM »

Eh... once you get away from the Warioware style, it just becomes another compo. I really liked the idea of a warioware clone where every microgame was made by a different person.
Yeah me too

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »

Depending on how much people join, we could all make the mini games in GM, and then make a central GM program that runs the other, like the arcade collection released by Cactus.

And it should totally be mini games.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

Klik and Play. Obviously.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic