Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:06:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTumbledrop - now complete and playable!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Tumbledrop - now complete and playable!  (Read 44962 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »

He's a 19 year old snot-nosed DeviantArt otaku.  I wouldn't worry too much about litigation.  Tongue

Yes, but... that means he's going to be the Executive Director of the IGDA in a few years!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:07:49 PM by Derek » Logged
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »

Why do you say things you know will make me cry?  Sad

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »

maybe this deserves a post itself rather than just a mini-sidebar thing, to spite him, haha

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

He's now threatening to take TIGSource to court if we don't remove the link on the front page.
Do <blink> tags still work?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »

not in many browsers -- i think they still work in old versions of IE, but they don't work for me in firefox or chrome

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »

Paul makes a good point.  You should totally front page this guy. Tongue

EDIT: And pass this news on to Jayisgames if they haven't heard it already.  Let's get a bonfire going.  Roll Eyes

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »

oh look the <big> tags work  Beer!

I think it needs to be bolded

let's bold it

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »

Dante16 compo time.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

btw, disabling comments doesn't mean you can't still comment on his profile (or if that fails, his other videos)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dante16

he has 5000+ subscribers to his youtube channel, he's pretty famous

EDIT: he deleted my comment and commented in my profile with this:

"I have already redesigned my games look and interface and feel. I would appreciate it if no more comments like the recent one made are posted on my channel or videos. If you can contact the owners of TigSource please tell them that they need to remove that comment in the top right of the home page."

Yes, you can remove any comments you like from your videos and your channel. You can also remove responses to your videos I believe, so there really is no way at all of combating videos that were uploaded by people who won't have anything bad said about them, apart from uploading your own protest videos.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2009, 10:51:07 PM »

http://developer.stonetrip.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&id=11178&catid=26&limit=6&limitstart=6

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:28 AM »

Well. Youtube has never cared particularly (read: at all) for verifying the validity of takedown notices.

Not that I condone that kind of shit.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2009, 06:15:37 AM »

maybe this deserves a post itself rather than just a mini-sidebar thing, to spite him, haha
It honestly does in a legitimate way.  Indie gaming is a tough enough field without people ripping off other people's work.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2009, 06:21:08 AM »

I think (and hope) that this'll actually work in your favour, H. Any publicity etc...

BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2009, 12:26:41 PM »

Hey I just wanted to say that I played your demo and really enjoyed the lush visuals and satisfying mechanics.  The way you have used ideas like disassembly/dispersal of a group of objects with a factor of gravity is a truly good concept for an addictive little puzzler. It's also presented brilliantly, if I may say so you have an eye for detail.

I liked the sprites, the gui, and addictive gameplay. Puzzle games with some kind of ingenious use of physics or clever ideas like you have used are one of my favourite types of game, like Peggle for instance which is also absorbing and cerebral/addictive.

It's also games like these that I believe develop our problem solving abilities more than any other kind; this one really hit the spot - top marks!!

Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:30:21 PM by BadgerManufactureInc » Logged
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »

Here are some of the deleted youtube comments.

Thanks for the support everyone, it's a great help to me. He didn't reply to my message, so I will send him another message before taking further action.

twitter: @docky
genericuser
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »

Dante16 compo time.

Dibs on DANTE-ONE-SIXCREMENT.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »

I think you shouldn't take any extreme steps here when it isn't necessary. I'd guess that Dante16 has learnt his lesson. Maybe he hasn't, but at least give him a chance to prove that he might have, before trying to lynch him. If he actually redesigns it, then I see nothing wrong with it, because I guess then it will be as much a rip-off of Tumbledrop as that is a rip-off of Totem Destroyer, or whatever was first. If this does end up in the AppStore and can still clearly be considered a rip-off, I guess only then is the time for you to commence your holy war.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »

Damnit!  Somebody had to come along and break up the mob with their 'reason' and 'sensibility'.

Pssh.  Cry

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2009, 02:34:14 AM »

Thing is, Dante16 is going to profit from that game. That makes me wonder; is Tumbledrop going to be free or will it have some pay-to-play system?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2009, 02:44:53 AM »

ugh, i just read through that

what's strange is that he could have very easily made the game have a distinct feel -- make the water animate different, use different text, use a different style of graphics, add a few new game mechanics to add variety, etc., and it'd be its own game -- and it's ridiculous that so many people can't tell the difference between that degree of cloning and, say, dino crisis as a resident evil clone

considering that his deviantart are mostly cloned/photoshopped images, i doubt he knows the difference either

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic