Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 10:20:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTumbledrop - now complete and playable!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Tumbledrop - now complete and playable!  (Read 44898 times)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2009, 04:44:52 AM »

God damn it people calm down, he's just a kid. He's NOT a langdell. People lynching him are langdells, if anything.

No, you're totally wrong.
He's 18-20, he's not a kid an he's trying to exactly copy Dock's game and sell it on the service Dock is already doing his game for, not only taking money for something he copied, but also ruining Tumbledrop market as well.
I'd be angry as hell if it was my game being cloned

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
raiten
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2009, 09:49:14 AM »

I'd be angry as hell if it was my game being cloned

Doc has every right to be angry but it's the whole "let's lynch this guy!" mentality that everybody else is showing off that's bothering me. Showing support for Doc is one thing, internet stalking/harassing a 19-year-old is something else. I don't know to which extent it's true to say people are stalking/harassing him or not but from the frontpage link, comments on YouTube and people's responses here that's what it looks like to me.

You have to keep in mind that Internet vigilantism is more often than not a positive force. See Japanese 2ch internet bullies (look up Japan Times' articles on "enjo") and South Korea's "Dog Poop Girl" incident. I don't know if I'm allowed to compare it to the Langdell situation without attracting the ire of Alex May again (I don't know how to interpret "you have a major hardon for him"), but to me that was only OK because of the magnitude of what he was doing and because he's apparently been doing it consistently for the past 25 years or so.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:57:17 AM by raiten » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

I agree with Raiten about the lynch mob mentality turning this forum into a virtual langdell, especially when opinions on the subject vary so much according to who is concerned. Do we have double standards? Or are we just a bit hypocrite?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »

I agree with Raiten about the lynch mob mentality turning this forum into a virtual langdell, especially when opinions on the subject vary so much according to who is concerned. Do we have double standards? Or are we just a bit hypocrite?
I'm gonna go with hypocrites. Corny Laugh

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

No, I think we collectively analyze each situation and decide on a course of action for that situation.  Which is as it should be.

Anyway, this isn't a lynch mob, it's a very light virtual ass-kicking on a 19 year-old guy who totally deserves it and should know better.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »

but from the frontpage link, comments on YouTube and people's responses here that's what it looks like to me.

are you serious? that's the bare minimum. So you want us all to just let it go so he can think he's in the right?

I agree with Derek, we was really light, and Doc was light with him too. For response this guy even wrote a sort of menace to Derek about that frontpage stuff from a fake lawyer (lulz!).

Also please don't think about 19 years old people like 9 years old ones. To make a game like that you need to apply for weeks, so that copy isn't "ops it happened", this guy worked for days screenprinting tumbledrop graphics and copying every little detail with chinese craftmanship. He just wanted to copy the shit out of Doc's game, with the purpose of selling it on iphone before him.

Also: virtual langdell? he copied everything from the gameplay to the graphics... to even the starting level texts!
This is really the minimum, a normal way to approach this stuff would see Doc writing a cease and desist mail, Konami style, and he'd be totally on the right doing so.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 01:55:13 PM by Eclipse » Logged

bento_smile
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »

what, is that a joke? he should have copied it even more exactly?

Yes to both those questions.  Wink

As a tangent, copyright infringement is a pervasive problem in the games industry. Actually, moreso in art than design I think (you can steal a design two or three times per game, but you can steal artwork hundreds of times). It's a problem which cannot be solved by, well, anyone, unless computers get slower and Photoshop gets crappier. But that's a rant for another day.
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »

Is there a chance to rename the game to Tumbling Edge?  Well, hello there!
Nah, don't do it. I don't want to be reminded of Langdell's EXCREMENT while I play with cute shapes.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »

http://jayisgames.com/tag/tumbledrop
Curious...  Undecided

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

Congratulation Dock, I think you just created a whole genre.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2009, 01:46:14 AM »

the blopo youtube vid is public again.

Dr.Melon
Level 0

Randomized Programming

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2009, 03:06:13 AM »

Blopo guy's email:
[email protected]

Hand Any Key  Crazy *spam..?*
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2009, 03:08:14 AM »

Hardly a mature way to handle it.

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2009, 03:12:27 AM »

Who said that the guy was mature?

Fun fact: 78% (or so) of all e-mail is spam. I saw it on infographic 'bout Net, so it must be true!
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2009, 03:14:39 AM »

What? Dr. Melon is suggesting people sign up the developer's email address to spam lists. I say that is an immature thing to do and achieves nothing anyway.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2009, 05:12:24 AM »

this brat deserves a much bitter treatment imo  Ninja

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic