Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:10:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTumbledrop - now complete and playable!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Tumbledrop - now complete and playable!  (Read 44911 times)
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

You guys are all crazy, I beat this level first try on like 3 hours of sleep...

cup full of magic charisma
Renton
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »

You guys are all crazy, I beat this level first try on like 3 hours of sleep...
Well, not all of us have the gaming genius you do, especially not the casual gamers.
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »

Great game!  Grin

Also, 3 moves!  Evil

scratch that, 2 moves now.

Now I see there's already a video of the 2 click solution, my feeling of accomplishment is gone Sad

Also there seems to be some inconsistencies in the physics, sometimes after I click on the lower middle star it leans to one side, for apparently no reason? WTF It usually happens right after I restart.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:57:54 AM by Massena » Logged

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »

I'm working hard on getting a new demo out on Monday!  I have all the shapes in game now, and a lot of other parts are also in place.  There's still a load of stuff to do though, so I'll be very busy indeed this weekend.

Thank-you to everyone for the feedback, it's been a great help.

Also there seems to be some inconsistencies in the physics, sometimes after I click on the lower middle star it leans to one side, for apparently no reason? WTF It usually happens right after I restart.
Ah, I've never heard of this before. Hmm, I'll have to take a look at this and see what's up. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far!

twitter: @docky
PaleFox
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 07:18:01 AM »

Ah, I've never heard of this before. Hmm, I'll have to take a look at this and see what's up. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far!
I had that happen sometimes too. Otherwise, nice job Smiley and it felt good finding the lowest score.

Maybe when finished you could add the lowest possible moves somewhere on the screen?
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 03:38:39 PM »

I'm working hard on this right now, still planning to get a new demo out on Monday. ^^ There's a lot to do but I'm getting there.  I managed to fix some physics bugs and I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on the newer version.

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »

This is done! XD

Well, it's done enough to enter the UA2008 contest!  There are a bunch of bugs (and bug reports are welcomed), and there is some functionality that I haven't added yet. I intend to update this slowly over the next few months, with things like medals for medium and highest scores on each stage.

Play it here:
www.tumbledrop.com

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

SO LOVELY.

I really like how this came together... this is definitely casual gaming done right. You seem to have an awesome sense for stylized design, too. I just adore the terrified little face the star makes when it realizes it's going to fall into the water.

BTW I found level 11 to be probably the hardest one, so perhaps you might want to move that back a bit.
increpare
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »

dagnamn it; I'm trying to use it with chrome on windows and it's not working.   I can see it, but it doesn't seem to be accepting input. (I can't click on start). Going to launch up IE now... (goddamnit I haven't even run it one and it has already accumulated a zillion* toolbars  Lips Sealed )

(well one...and it's the avg one...but it has a yahoo search box which makes it 100000x worse)

I think some sort of medal-scoring system would be good...to have a par for each level. oh wait you've said you're going to add that

You might want to consider having the game remember what levels a person has completed...and/or possibly have images instead of blank buttons on the level-select screen

The expressions on the pieces are very cute now Smiley  Especially when the star is about to fall into the water.

It gets more fun later on when there are more pieces around I think...the physics feels slightly more predictable then Smiley

On the first level where there are two stars it only asks me to save the pink one...oh wait I only had to save one of them?  (that might make for an interesting new set of puzzles though...)

Damn level 10 was fun

Just finished it now.

Good game!
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »

Muku, thanks for the feedback. I'll be shuffling the levels around based on feedback, so that's helpful to hear! ^_^

Yeah, I wish it worked in Google Chrome. I presume it'll work once it is out of beta.

The level select used thumbnail images (with a small number in the corner) up until about five hours before I finished the game!  I knew I was running out of time, so I changed the thumbnails to numbers, but I plan to change them back into thumbnails. I'll also have a bronze medal marker on levels that people beat (with silver and gold for especially low number of moves).

I have considered having to save multiple pink stars, and I'll definitely do some playtesting with that idea. I want to create a lot more levels and group them into packs, so a 'star twins' set with two stars might be fun, and could be ignored if people find it too infuriating, haha.

I would appreciate hearing which levels people enjoy most.

AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »

There's a bug with hitting restart where sometimes the restarted level appears but it still says "lets try that again!" or whatever, and you can't click on anything except hitting restart again.

otherwise, awesome!  I feel like its still a little shallow, the strategy basically boils down to "wait for it to almost tip away then erase"?  I dunno, that's just me.  Pretty fabulous otherwise!

cup full of magic charisma
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »

"There's a bug with hitting restart where sometimes the restarted level appears but it still says "lets try that again!" or whatever, and you can't click on anything except hitting restart again."
I ran into that bug last night on one of the stages with a lot of blocks, on my weaksauce Windows laptop. I'll have to figure out what is going on there, but I suspect that the physics is too much at that point, or maybe the Windows player is weird (unlikely).

Shallow tho? Sad Sadface! Haha, it's obviously not enough of a challenge right now as people seem to be sailing through the 20 levels. I have plans for some harder levels though, and I hope the game will become more interesting to people when they try for gold medals... there are some two or three move solutions which are very hard to achieve, I think.

Renton
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »

I love it. The sound effects, level transitions, it's all just right. Gentleman
"There's a bug with hitting restart where sometimes the restarted level appears but it still says "lets try that again!" or whatever, and you can't click on anything except hitting restart again."
I ran into that bug last night on one of the stages with a lot of blocks, on my weaksauce Windows laptop. I'll have to figure out what is going on there, but I suspect that the physics is too much at that point, or maybe the Windows player is weird (unlikely).
I found that it happens when you click restart just before it says "Let's try that again." Basically you restart it but the text shows up after you restart, locking the clicks.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 02:50:16 AM »

Your game certainly has a lot of polish. I love the expressions that the blocks get when they know they're gonna go into the water.

I'm gonna have to beat all of these later.

Suggestions:

Adam Atomic does have somewhat of a point. If you really have time to work more with this, I would recommend adding different objectives. For example, adding walls so that the star can't fall off, but requiring the player to knock the star into a certain area. "Aiming" the star might require some extra effort on the player's part and keep the game fresh.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 07:40:18 AM »

GeneralValter, thanks for the input! I'm glad you like the look of the game.

I'm definitely going to expand upon the game some more and get some more features in there. I need to get stuck in and test some things out, and I still have a bunch of puzzle shapes that I haven't used yet. I'm obviously not going to complicate the core gameplay though. Smiley

Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »

I love it, it's perfect!

But it's kind of a shame to have it in Unity and no Flash version, just from the point of view of audience size. Because this is the kind of game with casual appeal that would draw as many people as 'Winterbells'. Would you consider porting it to Box2dFlash?
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

I love it, it's perfect!

But it's kind of a shame to have it in Unity and no Flash version, just from the point of view of audience size. Because this is the kind of game with casual appeal that would draw as many people as 'Winterbells'. Would you consider porting it to Box2dFlash?
It would definitely be more popular in flash, but I'm not sure I would be interested in porting it. I'd rather make another game in Unity. It's a bit of a barrier to entry, but I'm mostly just making these games for fun right now.

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »

It's super fun and looks clean and nice. Good Job  Beer! I shall be playing this for awhile.
teknogames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »

I had to beat it, I wouldn't let myself stop playing it until I beat it. real fun.

Though at one time I was able to skip a level because it thought I beat it.
And one time I wasn't able to make a move, so I restarted the level, and it worked. Great game, really cutesy but good fun.

azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »

Great game man, just wondering how long you plan on supporting this game? New levels and challenges would be great, but a new game would too. Of course, no rush
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic