Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:53:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTumbledrop - now complete and playable!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Tumbledrop - now complete and playable!  (Read 44899 times)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 12:32:19 AM »

I'm planning to support this game for a couple of months. There will definitely be more levels, and I'm going to see if I can iron out the annoying bugs as soon as possible. I have some ideas for simple fixes that I might try out tonight.

twitter: @docky
Zaphos
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »

Wow, very polished and neat!  It didn't take me very much time to play through though (not sure exactly how long ... definitely <30mins) and I never felt like I even had a clear strategy or understanding, I just muddled my way through the puzzles intuitively.  So it's not a very deep puzzle game ...

Currently you have this move counter at the bottom, but I'm never sure if the number of moves I used was good or not.  It might help the puzzles a lot to have a little "par for the course" number indicating that players should aim to use less than that many moves.
jkd
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »

Nice game. It's kind of a cross between Jenga, Pachinko, and other physics-based games like Crayon Physics or Hamsterball.

I love the water and the splashes. It's funny watching the expression on the star change from a smile to "Uh oh, I'm going into the drink!"

One thing that I find weird is, when you restart, it scrolls to itself. This doesn't really make sense. I think it would be better to just 'poof' the screen back to the original level, minus the scrolling. (The scrolling is good for going to the next level though.)

Fun game overall.

I finished level 20 with 2 moves. Cool
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »

Zaphos, thanks for the feedback, and don't worry - a medal system is coming, which will make it harder for you I'm certain! Smiley

One thing that I find weird is, when you restart, it scrolls to itself. This doesn't really make sense. I think it would be better to just 'poof' the screen back to the original level, minus the scrolling. (The scrolling is good for going to the next level though.)

Yes! I'm really glad you picked up on this, and I totally agree. The scrolling to current level wasn't what I wanted to do, but I was getting stuck for time so I wasn't able to get the refresh visual treatment that I wanted. I'll be sure to get that in place for the next update though. ^_^
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:36:26 AM by dock » Logged

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 07:15:12 AM »

Hey Dock,

Kiss I absolutely love it, so polished and magical. The thing that really stood out for me was the emotional connection I felt with the pieces, because if felt sad to drop or remove any of the yellow guys, so I really wanted to do each level with as few moves as possible to see as many smiling faces as possible.  Surprisingly deep!

Great work man, I hope you win the Unity compo... Good luck!

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

Yaay its really good i was playing it more, but this one time i pressed restart and it loaded the level on top of itself.. so there were double pieces and it exploded everywhere...

it wasnt really game-breaking though i just pressed restart again and it was fine.

great work though!!
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 12:56:04 AM »

Kiss I absolutely love it, so polished and magical. The thing that really stood out for me was the emotional connection I felt with the pieces, because if felt sad to drop or remove any of the yellow guys, so I really wanted to do each level with as few moves as possible to see as many smiling faces as possible.  Surprisingly deep!
Thanks muchly, really glad you enjoy it! I put a bit of time into the expressions on the blocks so that they were fun to look at as they collide with one another, so I'm pleased that you enjoy them!  I'm actually looking into doing a special medal in the final game for people just like you! ^_~

Yaay its really good i was playing it more, but this one time i pressed restart and it loaded the level on top of itself.. so there were double pieces and it exploded everywhere...

it wasnt really game-breaking though i just pressed restart again and it was fine.

great work though!!
Ahh, this is my least favourite bug in this release, funny though it is! Haha, at least it doesn't break the game though, and don't worry - I'll be sure to fix it!  I'm really happy that you like the game. ^_^

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 03:37:13 AM »

And to think you almost left the forums! We're so glad you stayed on.  Kiss

Gonna Second that Emotion - the faces are pretty fantastic. Especially amsuing is when the Pink Star falls off the edge. Brilliant OH NOES expression if ever there was one. The happiness is also very nice. In fact, all the design is wonderful. Big characters, chunky primary colours, nice sound. Makes me happy.

Currently pretty easy - though that's kind of a good thing. Don't want it to be hair-pullingly difficult. The difficulty is also kind of all over the place. This could just be a personal thing.

Also, as for bugs, in certain levels where the Star is teetering on top, they fall off as soon as the level starts. A Minor annoyance, I assure you, fixed by a re-start.

Still, well done, glad to see you'll be adding to it as time passes. Maybe after an update or two it could be front paged, hint hint? HINT HINT.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »

Mm, I think it's worth a frontpage now!  Great job, dock!  I agree that the level difficulty is a bit all over the map.  I had an easier time with 20 than I did with many of the earlier levels.

Music would be nice, too.

Good luck in the competition! Smiley
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »

Awesome game.. will it be on wiiware? Would be awesome on the wii.. love the graphics!
Fluroarmadillo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 12:59:44 AM »

Um I'm using Google Chrome and the start button won't work

Most think a Dark Knight quote in a signature is soo cliched; but "Why so Serious?"
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 01:03:21 AM »

Google Chrome doesn't like Unity.

Renton
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 07:06:20 AM »

Google Chrome pretty much anything. Yet I still use it. I keep Firefox for Flash and Tumbledrop.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »

I'm quietly confident that Unity will work on Google Chrome when it ceases to be a beta product, but.. yeah, nothing I can do there.

Thanks again for the front-page!

I'm going to seriously rejig the order of the levels in the next version, I need to start figuring out how best to test the difficulty.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

I am a huge fan of this game!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »

If you finish a level then go to the character select screen and into another level quickly, the countdown remains.

Also, if you topple the star into the drink and retry at the very last moment, you can get a lose in the retried game.

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »

Voting for best game in the Unity contest has opened up.
If you like my game please give it a vote! ^^

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=14828&highlight=

Corpus
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »

I've said this countless times already on IRC, but I love this game  Kiss

I've played through it at least several times.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »

*Blurk*

I want to vote for Tumbledrop! I really, really, do! But... Off-Road-Velociraptor-Safari is there! Can I make more than one vote? Cry
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 11:00:17 AM »

*Blurk*

I want to vote for Tumbledrop! I really, really, do! But... Off-Road-Velociraptor-Safari is there! Can I make more than one vote? Cry
*sob* ;_;

haha, yeah, competition is stiff.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:07:38 AM by dock » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic