Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:53:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDishonored
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Dishonored  (Read 7992 times)
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »

Perhaps a bit of a spoiler, but there really isn't a main evil guy.  Pretty much every person in the game is horrible and every decision you make will mean that someone benefits at the expense of someone else.

In that regard it's probably my favorite take on a morality system in a game (i.e. there isn't an obviously good choice or an obviously bad choice).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »

OK, this is pretty strange: The game doesn't save any of my settings other than resolution and vsync. Every time I start it up I have reconfigure everything and it's really fucking annoying. I'm playing the Steam version. Anyone else have this problem?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »

are you running steam and/or the game with admin privileges?

could have something to do with steam cloud and playing steam in offline mode, if you're doing that.

edit: saw a couple forum posts that seem to agree with me, if you play the game with steam cloud disabled or steam in offline mode the settings won't save/load.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Yeah I'm playing in offline mode right now so that's probably what it is. Pretty dum but the game's good enough that I'm willing to put up with it. Besides I'll be back to a normal internet connection tomorrow evening lol.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »

this is pretty much the prettiest game i've ever played

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
deathtotheweird
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »

just finished it, little under 20 hours. I took my time, I suppose a straight play-through would be around 10 hours.

story was the weakest part of the game, thought the dialogue was decent and well-acted. interested in seeing how a non-lethal run affects the game, so I'll try that next. appears that it has quite an impact on some areas of the game.

definitely a must play. I think I can forgive harvey smith for invisible war now.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 04:04:38 AM »

definitely a must play. I think I can forgive harvey smith for invisible war now.

Yeah the game looks really good just for some reason I haven't played any single player in ages. Easily prefer playing with friends. Hopefully I'll have the time at some point to play this.
forwardresent
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »

My fiancée and I started playing this last night, we really enjoyed it. I've managed to not raise an alarm whilst murdering everything which was pretty neat.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:16:51 AM by forwardresent » Logged
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »

corvo attano is the hungriest motherfucker
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »

bioshock dude is just as hungry
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »

Bioshock dude was just snacking on chips and cake. Corvo routinely gulps down multiple head-sized cans of meat (and swallows the tins too probably).

I was disappointed when during the party level I drank every bottle of brandy in the place then slammed down glass after glass at the wine fountain and nothing interesting happened.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »

Corvo is granted special powers by the outsider, it's canon
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »

more like corvo fattano

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

turns out the whole game was a hypoglycemic hallucination
whale oil is a metaphor for insulin
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

I thought the game was going to take a cool twist about halfway through and get super surreal and dark but, no, it did not.

I thought it was basically referencing, on purpose or not, a Thomas Ligotti novel wherein the protagonist, so overcome by his lust for revenge, is granted certain supernatural powers.  As he takes his revenge, more and more of the world is rendered dark and impassable to him, but instead Corvo just got poisoned and fell asleep.  Oh well. 
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

After low and high chaos playthroughs, I tried seeing how much of the game could be completed on Very Hard while minimising the abilities used and never getting engaged in combat. Meaning, using blink only when I could find no other physical route, not using any other magic, avoiding incapacitating people, etc.

Outside of the blink tutorial, there seemed to be two places where blink had to be used. Both early in levels, where people are guaranteed to have mana I suppose. I had kind of hoped it would turn out that the game could be completed without using magic in the real world, but never mind.

Other than targets I had to knock out to meet objectives, there were two guys I choked. Also, two guards I distracted. Playing it this way turned out to be fairly easy. The main thing needed was simply having a clear idea already about where to go to complete the objectives.

So, the player gets lots of tools and magic, making you massively powerful compared to the enemies, but it's effectively nearly all just for the fun of the crazy stuff you can do.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »

ya i think the magic is pretty well balanced. i expected all the spells to feel like cheats but only blink and the infravision thing really do.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »

Did you try time stop level 2? It's retarded.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »

Possession level 2 is pretty ridiculous too.  Just possess a dude, walk through a wall of light, find a secluded corner, depossess and choke the dude. 
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »

Just completed a low chaos play-through. I really liked it. I kept forgetting to use super powers to mess dudes up, I just played it like I play splintercell. I found myself sneaking, then thinking, why don't I just blink up to him? Towards the end, I was covering great distances just running in stopped time.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic