Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:23:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessBitBlot the next introversion?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: BitBlot the next introversion?  (Read 19713 times)
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 04:56:55 AM »

QFT

Also they freely admit to making forum plants to pimp their games. Proper plants, not just one-off spam posts. You know, post for a while then drop the link etc.

Now I understand why loadsa' people hated them then. Wink

I'd hope it ain't true as planting is a bad, bad thing*. I feel bad enough pimping some free remake I've produced, I can't imagine stooping so low as to hire plants - sorry, "guerilla marketing" - sorry, "c*nts".

* this message was brought to you by the Council for the Stating of the Bloody Obvious.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 05:44:08 AM »

I dont think they were hiring plants, as you were told in your interview with Mr Tipping (you really ought to start listening the the replies!) Introversion have something like 13 business people and 1 coder/musician/artist fella. They openly admitted doing lots of "try this amazing game, i am just a regular member of the public, honest" forum posts in the Edge interview. They also said some other bullish arogant type things which I can't remember apart from the fact they came off as bullish and arrogant. The interview was done in a pub though, so perhaps they were drunk, which I think we can all approve of.

scruffy hermitgamestwitter
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 05:50:45 AM »

I dont think they were hiring plants, as you were told in your interview with Mr Tipping (you really ought to start listening the the replies!) Introversion have something like 13 business people and 1 coder/musician/artist fella. They openly admitted doing lots of "try this amazing game, i am just a regular member of the public, honest" forum posts in the Edge interview. They also said some other bullish arogant type things which I can't remember apart from the fact they came off as bullish and arrogant. The interview was done in a pub though, so perhaps they were drunk, which I think we can all approve of.

Hoho! I know they had publicity but that doesn't infer they used plants or preclude them from using plants, does it? That's why the plant information was new to me. Smiley

And yes, pub-based interviews are good. Unless they're audio, in which case its a nightmare to edit.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 06:18:58 AM »

Hoho! I know they had publicity but that doesn't infer they used plants or preclude them from using plants, does it? That's why the plant information was new to me. Smiley
Right, no, yes, they could have hired plants. I just meant they don't need to hire people because they have a load of marketing types with nothing to do but evil deeds.

scruffy hermitgamestwitter
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 06:21:54 AM »

Right, no, yes, they could have hired plants. I just meant they don't need to hire people because they have a load of marketing types with nothing to do but evil deeds.

Aah, I suppose a plant is a plant whether they're full time staff or an outside company hired to do it. Sorry, I was getting confused over your clarification. Embarrassed

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 06:59:19 AM »

Hasn't that recently been made illegal? As it is, essentially, lying to people in order to trick them into buying something?

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T SUE ME. Wink

Hahaha, you got me!

Hasn't that recently been made illegal? As it is, essentially, lying to people in order to trick them into buying something?

I think the technical term is "business as usual."

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

Not illegal, but in the US you now have to divulge that information to the FTC.

Insidious, and if it's true my opinion of Introversion is seriously lowered.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »

Insidious, and if it's true my opinion of Introversion is seriously lowered.

I really quite like Introversion and their games, but they do a lot of stupid things that piss me off. Like this for example. See the cutout on the right-hand side...

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »

I love their games, but that kind of thing is just stupid.

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 06:07:53 PM »

So, by forum plants, we mean "pretending to be someone else/hiring someone else to say 'lookz at this gud gaem plz???'" on forums?

Is it alright to go on a forum and say, "I made this, whatz dooz yoooz thinks?".

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

That's fine by me as long as you're not being too annoying about it.

Hiring people to pretend to be impartial gamer-types and then having them turn out to be eeeeevil marketers is just underhanded, though.

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 03:16:38 AM »

Yes, the whole dirty aspect comes from pretending to be a satisfied customer, when you are in fact an employee of the fucking company. In my mind, that makes you a lying, cheating, scumbag swindler.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

I think as long as you're forthright with your intentions, it's cool to shill your stuff. The phonies are usually pretty easy to sniff out tho

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 03:58:24 PM »

Good to clear that up. Thanks all.

What happens if I pretend to shill for someone with the malicious intent of them bearing the brunt of shill-use accusations?

Not that I would. That would be mental. BUY WIZBALL I AM BEING PAID

Oddbob
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 04:09:20 PM »

Good to clear that up. Thanks all.

What happens if I pretend to shill for someone with the malicious intent of them bearing the brunt of shill-use accusations?

Not that I would. That would be mental. BUY WIZBALL I AM BEING PAID

S'alright in that case - everyone knows Wizball was a bit cock really Wink
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 03:45:58 AM »

You're all cunts. Can we say cunts on here?

Good, then you're cunts. Wink

Also, Wizball will RAAAAAAWK(ish).

And ask Bezzy about his game, it's a FARKIN' RIP-OFF AND HE'LL BE CHARGING FOR IT! Smiley

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »

You're all cunts. Can we say cunts on here?

Good, then you're cunts. Wink

Also, Wizball will RAAAAAAWK(ish).
I AM genuinely looking forward to it, even though I never really played it before. Sorry the joke backfired  Sad

It's fairly well established that I'm a cunt, though, so that's very perceptive of you.
And ask Bezzy about his game, it's a FARKIN' RIP-OFF AND HE'LL BE CHARGING FOR IT! Smiley

I am paying the good doctor to say that, because I know that everyone here knows not to pay attention to his LIES. Except the part about charging for it. Oh, you'll pay, alright. Not necessarily with money. But you'll pay. Every life will cost ten quid, because, erm, I like money more than I like you.

I told you that stuff in private when I was drunk, and you're bandying it about here? *sigh*

The game I'm doing, I got the idea by myself. I THEN saw another game which it is quite similar to. I decided to continue because our approach seems different enough that it's still worthwhile. It's like the difference between Burnout and Grand Tourismo - both racing games, but markedly different within the racing genre.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:35:18 AM by Bezzy » Logged

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 08:20:34 AM »

I AM genuinely looking forward to it, even though I never really played it before. Sorry the joke backfired  Sad

LOL! You berk, of course I don't mind. Smiley

I am paying the good doctor to say that, because I know that everyone here knows not to pay attention to his LIES. Except the part about charging for it. Oh, you'll pay, alright. Not necessarily with money. But you'll pay. Every life will cost ten quid, because, erm, I like money more than I like you.

I told you that stuff in private when I was drunk, and you're bandying it about here? *sigh*

Why d'you think I didn't mention the particular game which YOU HAVE DISGRACEFULLY RIPPED OFF! Wink

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »

Why d'you think I didn't mention the particular game which YOU HAVE DISGRACEFULLY RIPPED OFF! Wink
You are a true friend.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic