Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:22:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFancy Skulls - On Steam!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Fancy Skulls - On Steam!  (Read 31696 times)
tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:30 AM »

So, after a few days of thinking and looking around I have bought this pathfinding asset
and now foes can find and navigate to player even on complex maps with multiple levels!

Also I use Probuilder - great tool for level design, free version for now.
So, yeah, not only Unity takes care of lots of stuff, there is plenty of usefull addons in asset store.

And all that means that game will use vertical axis in level and enemy design without problems.

So, now it is level design, and adding new enemies. I think I will just make grayboxed room layouts for now, but will make models for new enemies.

Still plan to start playtests by the end of april.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »

Awesome. Getting close to the end of April so we'll be playing soon with any luck. Smiley

Atrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 02:00:14 AM »

Awesome. Getting close to the end of April so we'll be playing soon with any luck. Smiley

Getting really close...
tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »

I have coded AI for three new enemies, and I named them jill, charlie and mannie. Because one is a bit like a jellyfuish, anpther is charges, and last one leaves mines.
Now to make models for them, and get to room layouts.

But I have not being very productive recently, so test version might be ready a few days later than 30th, but will see.

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2013, 05:50:36 AM »

Now to put them in a game.

Also, I have another deadline now - submit to Rezzed until  May 17th.

Test build is coming in a few days!

Tom Felshmoon
Level 0

Unicorn Rider

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »

This project is amazing! So simple and so genius. I really like it.. so I'll wait the release Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »

Wait! the pathfinding allow you to make procedural level?

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »

This project is amazing! So simple and so genius. I really like it.. so I'll wait the release Smiley

Thank you!

Wait! the pathfinding allow you to make procedural level?

I just make this pathfinding plugin do a scan after level has been built. It's quite fast, actually, takes just a few seconds in editor play mode, and even faster in actual build.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »

Thanks! the game looks really fun!

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:19 PM »

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »

wiggity wack

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2013, 05:00:55 AM »

love seeing your learning process because its the same as mine! i was using some free textures which look AAA amazing, but then i considered that id have to model characters that match that, and it was making me less enthusiastic about working on the game.. like i'm trying to skip 10 moves ahead, where i've only just started on 3D and should just make the assets myself even if they resemble a budget PS1 title. so now i think i'm going backwards and going to try to do art assets that i ENJOY making, which probably = really low poly, hand painted textures.

seeing this new character, have you considered the weight and hitbox feel behind enemies.. look at halo/quake/gears, characters are fat and blocky for this reason. Your new guy looks interesting, but doesnt seem like he would be as fun to shoot at. For example: you're given a shotgun, and the choice of a plant or a melon to shoot at. Which do you choose?

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:41 PM »

I have looked at your blog, was interesting to see all that parts of process for your new game. Experiments and such. Low poly and hand drawn textures can look realy lovely for sure. Though I'm going for "vector textures" for now to save time:)

Yes, you right, this foe is hard to hit, but I think the fact that it does not do direct damage and it rather squishy will balance it out. And there is a lot of thing so balance.
But yes, from now on I will consider enemy size/shape in perspective of how easy it is to hit it when shooting.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:22:46 PM by tequibo » Logged

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »

So, another milestone complete!
Today I have sent test version to testers. Testers will playtest it. Yes!
It is unbalanced, there is lots of things to add and polish, but it is playable.
So, yeah, that is kind of exciting.
If you want to get into closed testing feel free to email me at [email protected]

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

Hello, good old devlog!
Here is new enemy wihout real model

So, test went kind of okay. Even though some "testers" turned out not testers at all, for they did not provided any feedback whatsoever, but maybe they misunderstood what test mean. Maybe they thought its a thing when you play the game and just do nothin if you did not really liked it, instead of, you know, helping improving it with feedback. But, oh well, such is an age we live in, some people are just drowning in information and entertaiment and they may forget some things and are easily distracted. Maybe THAT was the test? Hmm, probably no.
Anyway, other, real testers, gave me some with enough useful feedback, so it's ok, actually.

So, now I tuning balance, AI and probably level design, and my current aim is to make game enjoyable for me to play.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:55:05 PM by tequibo » Logged

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »

Hello, good old devlog!
Here is new enemy wihout real model
Looking pretty cool. Will be interesting to see how it mixes in with the current group.

tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »

Looking pretty cool. Will be interesting to see how it mixes in with the current group.
It does adds some tension.

Made another video:

And now game have a very basic web-page with it's very own domain name.

And I have submitted game to Leftfield Collection on Rezzed. Will post if it will get accepted.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:26:09 PM by tequibo » Logged

JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »

Looking awesome! Keep it up!

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »

Looking awesome! Keep it up!
Thanks!

Working on cover:

And made a IndieDB page.

Barch
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »

Have you thought about adding low poly grass? At the moment it looks like rooms of squares and slight imperfections of the ground would do wonders to the room. rocks, pebbles, skulls cracks. by that I mean models above the ground.

I look forward to seeing your progress.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic