Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:49:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkMobile development guy wanting to do stuff
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mobile development guy wanting to do stuff  (Read 709 times)
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »

Hi,

I've been doing smartphone stuff for a while now. Websites, apps, design, coding, watching business trends, etc. I'm not looking to do any of this stuff.. I do it full time and want something else to do with my free time.

But I like to look at other people's designs. If you have a design, run it by me, I'll point out possible flaws I could spot with it. And I'd appreciate the easy experience and contacts.

Developing for smartphones is not at all like doing it for a PC or console. The controls are different, the environment, the usage patters are entirely different. There are a hell lot of traps you can step in if you try to port a PC/console design to a smartphone and everything has to be done with the mobile design first. There are also plenty of nifty tricks that don't cross mobile platforms - a design for the iOS may not work with Android because of differences in how the operating systems work.

If you're interested, drop me a PM on here, because I don't check these subforums much Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic