Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:23:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStampede 3D! [ Now $0.99 on the App Store ]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Stampede 3D! [ Now $0.99 on the App Store ]  (Read 1968 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:36:10 AM »

Hey tigs,
I'm wanting some people to try out my latest iOS game and let me know what they think of the controls, user interface, difficulty etc.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone I can send you the IPA file and that should install no worries.

I'll try get the game set up on test flight soon, but that's currently having issues

So if you want to test out the game send me a PM or reply here so i can send you the installer,
Thanks!
-Jackson
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:50:47 PM by Jackson31 » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »

Ok, I've just confirmed that Testflight is now working (as long as you don't have iOS6)

Click the link to add yourself as a beta tester and I'll be able to send out builds to you from then.

http://tflig.ht/VbAeUk

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 08:18:11 PM »

Maybe people could offer feedback as to why they aren't interested in trying this game?

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »

Hmm, I have an iPad new with iOS6 and no jail break. I would like to beta test, but is it possible with my setup?

Master of all trades.
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 06:24:06 AM »

I'll test it, sure

pinaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »

DO you have any video of the game?

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »

I was all excited for a port of this.

You may want to consider a different title.

What would John Carmack do?
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »

I registered my device to test flight, I tried to join your team, not sure if successfuly.
I don't have any available build though... ?

Master of all trades.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »

Hmm, I have an iPad new with iOS6 and no jail break. I would like to beta test, but is it possible with my setup?

Yeah, to clarify, using test flight means you don't need a jailbroken phone, it is a legit distribution technique.
But with testflight you don't instantly get access to a build, once you register your iphone/ipad there I have to then manually add that device to the list of devices that the NEXT build will work on, and then upload that new build. So it can take a bit of time, but testflight does send our emails automatically to tell you when a build has been made available to you to play.

unfortunately tho, testflight hasn't been working for iOS6, because the engine this game is running on hasn't been updated since iOS was released, hopefully that will be fixed soon, either way, you should get a test flight email Smiley

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »

I've just finished a first draft of the app icon, tell us what you think!

Also, thanks to those few people who joined the testflight team, The beta build is almost ready to be sent out so stay tuned! (sorry it's taken so long)

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »

The Stampede 3D Beta is finally going live over test flight, the IPA should finish uploading soon.

After much arduous work this build is now compatible with iOS6, all iPads, iPhone 5, iPodTouch5 and iPad Mini!

So whatever you have, you should be A-O-K to play this beta!  Grin

Here's a youtube clip of some raw gameplay so you can see some of the progress the game has made;

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »

The beta build is now uploaded onto testflight!
If you want to test and aren't already on the testflight team please post here or PM me and I can still get you the build Smiley

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »

Where should we provide feedback?
Well anyway, seems to work fine on my iPad 3, although I was a bit confused with the menus and how much clicks it requires to start the game.
The music also seemed to be confusing a bit... like it changed to a new music after a short while.

The game itself was kind of fun. The start where the screen shakes before the stampede is really awesome.
I passed only one level after I gave up, but I am someone who don't play that many games. Maybe I will try again later or before bed time.

Is there any other kind of feedback testing you need?

Master of all trades.
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »

The menus are quite choppy on my iphone 4. In-game runs ok, though.

PlanetsFly
Level 0

Alpha Tester

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

Looks cool Tongue
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »

Just signed up for the beta. Not sure how I missed it but Little Dragon was pretty cool, so I'm not going to miss out on it if there's still time to sign up. Tongue

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 03:10:56 AM »

Thanks for the feedback HernanZh  and PompiPompi,
It's not too late to play johnki;

If you already have a test flight account I can invite you if you give me the account email, otherwise you can make a new one and join the beta testers with this link;

http://tflig.ht/VbAeUk

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »

Thought I managed to sign up there yesterday but I went through it again just in case.

EDIT: In the beta. Thanks. I'll be testing and leaving feedback soon.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:58:15 AM by johnki » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »

Alright, The cycle of test and fix and spun it's course a few times now, and we gotta just get this thing out there on the digital shelves.
So today I hit the big red button and fired the latest build over to apple

Thanks everyone who ended up playing the beta, it really means a lot to have people care enough to help out like that.

Now I just wait for apple to approve it maybe, and then I can start the joys of self-promoion, emailing every game website ever and all the other monotonous release tasks that run on human spirit

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »

Looks like a fun game. Ill check it out when it goes on the app store. I can't really say much else ATM since I have never actually played it.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic